NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Dorothy B SPEAK UP FOR STRIPERS!!! - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Dorothy B SPEAK UP FOR STRIPERS!!!

done deal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	too many.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	76341  

[B][COLOR="Red"]GODS SPEED MY BROTHER... LIFES A BEACH

Proud member of the 52lb on The Wall Club

dey eats my baits... I eats dem club

Member of the Monger Nation

PLANT ICE .... HARVEST WIND...JUST SAYING
Old 09-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Site Sponsor

This takes less than a minute....................

If these scumbags take a fish away we may never get it back .
These animals are only changing the regs to justify thier jobs . They do not give a flying fu@k about you or i.
How much time have they spent on the water this year?
When was the last time they even caught a bass ? Or have ever caught one ?

Speak up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.taggedfishcharters.com/
Sailing from Highlands, N.J.

Specialized in Small & Medium Charters for
1 - 15 of your Friends, Family or Clients

Charters are priced according to the number of people in your group

Open boat fishing option
Pick a date from our trip calendar

~~ CALL OR TEXT ONLY ~~

732-895-7830
Old 09-24-2014, 12:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Message sent , everyone on this board should speak on this very important issue now .It could not be easier to do so like I just did!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Done
Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Done.
Never ceases to amaze me when you read these proposals how they basically admit that there is no statistically valid reason to make the changes but they are going to do it anyway based on the hypothetical. For as much time and people as it must take to generate the document it seems getting real information from Real fishermen, real catch data, real stock assessments would suit all of us better. its just like the weather, you want an accurate forecast look out the window, you want to assess the stock get out on the water or LISTEN to those that are out there. I know it doesn't work that way BUT
Old 09-24-2014, 07:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Would have prefered they went to a slot such as
1 fish at 24-28
1 fish over 36
that would have allowed multiple years of fish to not be taken.

That being said ANYONE that thinks striped bass arent being overfished really has the blinders on/
Amazing that you want to believe they arent being fished because they said so, yet all the other fish they claim are being overfished we want to disagree with them .

Time to have actual surveys about whats going on on the water NOT the bull shit surveys they now take.

Everytime I get suveyed they just want to know how many times the boat carried anglers, NOT 1 question about how many fish were caught

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 09-24-2014, 07:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer4reel View Post
Would have prefered they went to a slot such as
1 fish at 24-28
1 fish over 36
that would have allowed multiple years of fish to not be taken.

That being said ANYONE that thinks striped bass arent being overfished really has the blinders on/
Amazing that you want to believe they arent being fished because they said so, yet all the other fish they claim are being overfished we want to disagree with them .

Time to have actual surveys about whats going on on the water NOT the bull shit surveys they now take.

Everytime I get suveyed they just want to know how many times the boat carried anglers, NOT 1 question about how many fish were caught
Dan, we have agreed to disagree many times before and with all due respect for you and your time on the water I am responding mainly to your statement that overfishing IS occurring regarding Stripers and assume you mean by recreational fisherman. Please expand on that. Even with "dock shots" of catches including Breeders these fish are everywhere for the most part, Schoolies, Breeders/ inside estuaries, outside in the ocean when bait allows within 3 miles or then outside 3 miles where only a very very small percentage are taken by those indifferent and they are there for many months outside the "usual" striper migration patterns but that's a whole different conversation
Also when fighting these assesments you state flat out fisheries management doesn't get it right with the surveys and its never that we agree with Overfishing or Not. Its just calling them out on their own words when they put in these bogus report that Overfishing is NOT occurring.
I appreciate Striped Bass as a game fish but IMHO there is no need for further regulation at this time. Status quo would continue to work, and save some jobs
Old 09-24-2014, 08:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
Dan, we have agreed to disagree many times before and with all due respect for you and your time on the water I am responding mainly to your statement that overfishing IS occurring regarding Stripers and assume you mean by recreational fisherman. Please expand on that. Even with "dock shots" of catches including Breeders these fish are everywhere for the most part, Schoolies, Breeders/ inside estuaries, outside in the ocean when bait allows within 3 miles or then outside 3 miles where only a very very small percentage are taken by those indifferent and they are there for many months outside the "usual" striper migration patterns but that's a whole different conversation
Also when fighting these assesments you state flat out fisheries management doesn't get it right with the surveys and its never that we agree with Overfishing or Not. Its just calling them out on their own words when they put in these bogus report that Overfishing is NOT occurring.
I appreciate Striped Bass as a game fish but IMHO there is no need for further regulation at this time. Status quo would continue to work, and save some jobs
Dave IF you follow where these fish come and go from you would see they are hammered for the whole year minus a few weeks.
Its not just NJ fishing for these bass.
The chesapeke stocks get hammered from Thanksgiving until thier closure In April.
Then they come here and get pounded from May till July, from here they head towards Montauk and north where they get beat on nightly until October, then back here to get hammered again during the fall, unless the stay well offshore during that fall migration.
There are WAY more people fishing for them than ever before , and having great success as they are many ways to target them.
While the Bay fishery was awesome this spring, the ocean fishery here was BY far the worst it has been in the last 7.
Way too many people killing LOTS of bonus fish on top of their limits, just ads to it.
ADD upall the charter boats just here on the NJ fishing site. there are 5-10 times that fishing , and beating on the fish daily.
Add those numbers up , then add all the landings from all the other states fishing for the same body of fish.,
They most def are being overfished

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 09-25-2014, 05:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

..DONE......
Old 09-25-2014, 06:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

This thing is not user friendly I can't figure out how to respond to it. It's pages & pages of data that I don't understand. Please anybody use my name I can't figure out how to email my opinion. I would vote for anything you guys suggest. I'm sure there are plenty more like me who feel the same way. I only wish there was a open page where you could use your name & info & vote. Make it simple but this is obviously it's intended that way just so we can't voice our opinion.