NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

"Frisky" trout 11-17 - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-01-2016, 04:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: "Frisky" trout 11-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCat08 View Post
Nice trout guys!

I've only found catfish in the river right before Pompton Lake. Not too many, at night.

There are a couple of really clean spots at the end of Potash lake where the river flows back into the main stem ramapo, and a ton of fish love to hang right at those outflows. I bet there are trout there right now!

Where else did you find catfish? I tried catfishing at night in the upper stretches of the ramapo on chicken livers but all i got was fallfish. Was suprised that fallfish would hunt at night for livers!
There's a few deep spots along the river where stockies like to hide. Saw a big catfish under the 287 bridge in Oakland( looked like a white)- and down by that railroad bridge across from oaklands dpw- right before u hit the rocks leading to potash. Not sure they get past those last few deep spots that last mile. Water in potash might be too weedy for them and I'm not sure they go over the berm...but I'll give it a try lol
Old 12-01-2016, 06:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I scoped out the 'po in oakland on my lunch today, high, murky, and ripping! Fish are definitely on the move.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 12-01-2016, 10:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yea it's been bad last two weeks or so. I got up into mahwa but there wasn't much water yet. Pq is still empty