NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

37 lber pic - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-27-2017, 03:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 37 lber pic

As a kid, I remember other younger kids in our neighbor somehow loaded a big snapper into a Radio Flyer Wagon. They caught it in “The Brook” an unnamed trib to. The S. Branch Raritan, Three Bridges.

They wheeled it up to the houses, & one of the mothers began lecturing them on the dangerous turtle.

With a very short stick in her hand she pointed it @ the turtle’s head,…..“See, they can bite…………….” & WHAM, the neck & head shot out & bit her good! Luckily it didn’t latch on, but her blood was everywhere . She had to go to the emergency room. Good lesson for the kids.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
As a kid, I remember other younger kids in our neighbor somehow loaded a big snapper into a Radio Flyer Wagon. They caught it in “The Brook” an unnamed trib to. The S. Branch Raritan, Three Bridges.

They wheeled it up to the houses, & one of the mothers began lecturing them on the dangerous turtle.

With a very short stick in her hand she pointed it @ the turtle’s head,…..“See, they can bite…………….” & WHAM, the neck & head shot out & bit her good! Luckily it didn’t latch on, but her blood was everywhere . She had to go to the emergency room. Good lesson for the kids.
rescued that guy from the middle of a street in Mendham when I was out riding a few years ago. He was trying to cross from a pond on one side of the street to another on the other side. He was in the middle of the road so I blocked traffic with my bike since noone was even swerving to avoid him and brought him to his destination. He'd take a finger off easy if he got one!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post

My dad used to tell me a similar story. Once when he was in the emergency room, a lady was sitting next to him with her finger shredded to the bone. Apparently, she found a turtle in her backyard, and tried to hand-feed it lettuce. Turned out the turtle was a snapper, and it preferred protein over vegetables. Even city slickers should learn about the local wildlife, you never know when it'll show up.
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 07-28-2017, 12:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You're supposed to take 'em out of the shell to weight them
Make a great soup, especially topped off with a little shot of sherry. They are ugly monsters though.