NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Tuesday...trouble at the Po - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Tuesday...trouble at the Po

Decided to work from the river today. Got down there at 10AM, not expecting much. Two other peeps in the hole, I watch and don't see any action. Gear up and jump in after 5 minutes of spectating. First 10 minutes not a bite, after a move or two I found the fish and started to hammer them. Still nothing for the other two anglers.

Now the trouble begins. First off, one of the other peeps, who is fishing across the river from me decides to cross right thru the hole I am fishing! The river is empty and this ass has to cross right were I am hammering them! I take the higher road and don't say a word, but am burning up inside! Now for a--hole number 2. after an hour and a half of him watching me catch fish, he decides to leave. As he is passing behind me he ask's "are you keeping count, I haven't had a bite" I said "yes I am, I am up to 14". He wants to know what I am using, so I tell him "worms". He looks at me and waves his hand and says "ya, right". I said, what do you mean "ya, right". He tells me "no way are you getting all those fish on worms"! The guy just about called me a liar! I reached into my vest and pulled out the container of worms and say "why would I lie to you, I don't even know you"! He said he "tried worms and couldn't get a bite, there is no way you are getting all that action on worms". As he is saying this, I catch another one, look at him and say "you're right, I was lying, I now have 15 on worms!" He looked at me disgusted and left!

I ended up with 16 fish ON WORMS. the other two anglers got shut out! I guess sometimes it's more than what you are using, but how you are using it!

count is 50 for the season so far.

Last edited by shrimpman steve; 04-10-2012 at 05:51 PM..
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Tuesday...trouble at the Po

ha great story! and good job!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Old Soft Salt

It ain't the worm... it's the presentation and the know how.
It still amazes me how heated up some people get trying to catch stocked trout. With the low water and the piles of fish stocked even little shucker can catch them
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
It ain't the worm... it's the presentation and the know how.
It still amazes me how heated up some people get trying to catch stocked trout. With the low water and the piles of fish stocked even little shucker can catch them

Little shucker may be able to catch em, but the two morons in the river today couldn't.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Good job on keeping your cool and catching some trout. AWESOME!!! When guys do shit like that, crossing threw holes and stuff I like to throw on a big RAPALA and cast at there waders rip a hole in em!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish. That's what i would have told him and he's not part of that 10%.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great story

I cant believe some of the BS I hear come out of anglers mouth....

Sware.. this is a true statement I heard this from someone on the water one day...

Im catching fish in a spot... enjoying myself... and have a guy creep in next to me..

Fine.. I was going to leave anyway... We make small talk.. how you doing.. ehh nothing... I see your doing good.. Yea...

I said.. yea.. its mostly rainbows... and he goes...

Makes sense... "rainbows dont swim upstream"

I looked at him.. and was like.. you know what.. im not even going to bother..

Also the best is when you are fishing a spot.. and you want to be in the spot where that guy isnt catching squat but you know there are a ton of fish in front of him and he just doesnt know how to fish.

FIsh close to him.. catch a few, and coax him out of his spot.. to take yours and then piggie back into his and start slamming emm...

priceless...
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

must be alittle shrimp flavor on those worms!!!!!good job steve.instead of asking for alittle help,he calls you a liar.i just don't get it.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:41 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You should of headlined your thread: A**hole on the Po! One bright thought. Those type of fisherman? wouldn't be around in three weeks. If they can't catch them now when the stocking is in full swing, then they will never catch them.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You big teddy bear... not a harmful bone in that huge frame....LOL

You know if me, sport and Jmur were there that story would have been a lot funnier...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wedgie.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	46920  
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF