NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

common trout rigs? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default common trout rigs?

i was wondering what were some common trout rigs made for using powerebait thanks.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: common trout rigs?

4 lb test line- a good line like. Vanish or transition from trilene,a nice ultra light rod 4'-6" in the stream 6' for lakes # 12 gamakatsu single hook in stream and a treble in the lakes 12"-18" of line past the hook and pinch on a #7 lead shot I prefer a white rooster but if your powerbaiting it I would get these colors in order orange,chartreuse,and cheese all with glitter and probably get the gulp type. Also don't forget super worms or mealworms. Hook them with a single hook second segment from the head the. Roll a coil in your hands and then roll around the hook above the worm and form it over mr mealies head to make it look like he's trying to eat through the egg sac .... Continually move it slow in the stream till you get hit. You can dead stick or move it in lakes... Usually better to see how far off they are and stick it there... Good luck hope it helps- when all else fails go to the spinner or even the 3 and 5 rapalas in black/silver and gold/silver. Good luck man!
www.quality1stcompanies.com