NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lake George advice - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-06-2020, 08:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Lake George advice

Hey guys heading up to lake George this weekend for a family vacation... renting a boat from Chic’s all week which I believe is on the southern part of the lake... I just bough a crap load of fresh water lures... Ned rigs, senkos, jerk baits Robo worms you name it... got all different colors... any advise on presentations? Depth? Areas? Thanks guys been a very long time since I fresh water fished...
Old 08-06-2020, 08:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lake George advice

Checkout this thread.

https://www.njfishing.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111832
Old 08-06-2020, 10:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
Thanks man problem is no fish finder on boat... so I’m just gonna go by feel as far as depth you would think 2k for a boat rental would have one lol
Old 08-07-2020, 07:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieG View Post
Thanks man problem is no fish finder on boat... so I’m just gonna go by feel as far as depth you would think 2k for a boat rental would have one lol
download the navionics app on your phone. i think they have a free 7 day trial. you will have access to the same mapping shown on the web app. the mapping is very accurate. target the humps and points and you will get em. The ned rig and senko on the bottom is all you need to catch em.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...y=cfwhGnfl%60M
Old 08-07-2020, 07:47 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
download the navionics app on your phone. i think they have a free 7 day trial. you will have access to the same mapping shown on the web app. the mapping is very accurate. target the humps and points and you will get em. The ned rig and senko on the bottom is all you need to catch em.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...y=cfwhGnfl%60M
Thanks man will do ... appreciate the help
Old 08-13-2020, 08:22 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I know that area of the Lake really well. send me a private message and I can walk you through a lot of the areas near there and by the Narrows..
Old 08-13-2020, 08:28 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This is what I mentioned last time there was a Lake George question. All of this still applies, I was there last week and all these areas produced. There is an island directly outside of Chics, there is a small house on the South side of the island. Drift between there and the island south of there that has the Brown boathouse in about 20 - 30 feet of water . Use a Keitech paddletail w small leadhead. There are smallies . My sons and daughter probably had a dozen between them on that one spot

Heaven on Earth...depends on what you want to do..If you have kids with you, it will be non stop action on yellow perch , sunfish and rock bass anywhere between 7 and 30 feet on water if you put a worm on a hook 12 inches above a sinker...I would head North from where you are, target any of the islands that are around The Sagamore..drift the East side of the Sagamore island and you should pick up some smallmouths...The bay just outside of Chics marina ( Huddle Bay ) has a few islands that always produce. Plus the island directly in front of Chics has an osprey nest and you can see them perfectly...if you want to target bass i would use Keitech Fat Swing Impact 4" on a small plain leadhead..Have had some success with small rapalas, but not nearly the action I have had with Keitech baits. Head into the Narrows , depending on the wind either drift the West side or East and it should produce. My preference is West side..20 feet of water outside of Log Bay has produced for me the last 2-3 years
Old 08-13-2020, 09:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just got back from there last week, have been getting our boats from chics for years, too...
I would definitely second the vote for the avionics app on your phone, just make sure to download the maps before heading out!
keitech swing impacts and wacky rigged senkos were the hot ticket, around 28-35 ft of water was best...
Have a couple of great spots up there, where are you staying on the lake?