NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

India Brook 6/12/15 - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-14-2015, 05:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: India Brook 6/12/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Both places USED to be worth but unfortunately lots of press has upped the pressure and both are hardly worth a yawn
What press? How's Merrill Creek doing?
Old 06-15-2015, 04:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTuna View Post
Unfortunately, many octopus circle hooks are true circle hooks. They are actually offset, and will gut hook a fish just like a J hook. Look for circle hooks that say "non-offset" on the package. The point of the hook should line up with the shaft. These will very rarely deeply hook a fish.

Nice fish!!!
JDTuna thanks for the info! Is there a local store that sells them. Saw that Gamakatsu sells them on their website.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandesi View Post
JDTuna thanks for the info! Is there a local store that sells them. Saw that Gamakatsu sells them on their website.
Better off ordering them online bc its damn near impossible to find non-offset circles in trout-applicable sizes in any store. I've tried but haven't gone to some of our more northern site sponsors...just way too far for me when considering fuel cost vs shipping cost of a small package.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:55 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
What press? How's Merrill Creek doing?
This press fer starters and other sites like it....No idea....lost a partner as you know
Old 06-18-2015, 03:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
Better off ordering them online bc its damn near impossible to find non-offset circles in trout-applicable sizes in any store. I've tried but haven't gone to some of our more northern site sponsors...just way too far for me when considering fuel cost vs shipping cost of a small package.
Thanks Jigman. Bassproshops.com has Eagle Claw Inline Circle hooks down to size 8. Also found that Amazon has Gamakatsu Inline Circle hooks down to size 6.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Thanks Jigman. Bassproshops.com has Eagle Claw Inline Circle hooks down to size 8. Also found that Amazon has Gamakatsu Inline Circle hooks down to size 6.
Gamakatsu calls them Inline Octopus circle hooks. The Walmart and Dicks in Rockaway carries them. I think Ramsey in Roxbury might too.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Edddie...we have learned our lesson about posting locations by name especially the same one over and over lol. We now fish only Round Valley
Old 06-03-2019, 12:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I know that I have not posted here in awhile, but I wanted to say hello. Since this post four years ago I learned the basics of fly fishing for NJ trout. Recently, I was able to get a trout trifecta (wild brown, stocked rainbow, and a native brookie) in India Brook. So there are still some brookies left in India Brook. To get the brookie, I had to take Andy's advice and go upstream into the headwaters of headwaters ;-)
Old 06-03-2019, 02:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
I know that I have not posted here in awhile, but I wanted to say hello. Since this post four years ago I learned the basics of fly fishing for NJ trout. Recently, I was able to get a trout trifecta (wild brown, stocked rainbow, and a native brookie) in India Brook. So there are still some brookies left in India Brook. To get the brookie, I had to take Andy's advice and go upstream into the headwaters of headwaters ;-)
Congrats, desi! I have only had luck with browns in india Brook, ive been there numerous times and somedays skunked completely. So that india brook trout slam is impressive. Im looking forward to fishing WTS this winter. I had a lot of fun and challenges last winter.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks tmyorke1. For me fishing dry flies in India Brook was a game changer.