NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

M-N-G, SPRUCE RUN, Saturday, February 28th! - Page 10 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-01-2015, 11:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: M-N-G, SPRUCE RUN, Saturday, February 28th!

Once again Great Time!!! What can I say these are always a fun time with the NJF crew!!!! Ice fishing is the one time you can have 15-20 people all together at one time and a even a swan every now and then!!!! Was really good to meet some of the newer guys and Mike's Brown was INSANE!!! Never expected that in a million years!!! Not to take away from Eddie's or Dave's Big Bass or Kelly's first Northern!!!
We are like a family, I don't know any other site with the Family like atmosphere that we have!!!! We fish together and learn from each other as well as an occasional disagreement now and then but we all get over it and move on together as one!

I also want to personally thank everyone there yesterday who welcomed my daughter into the NJF family! You all made her feel like she belonged and that she is now a part of our big loud crazy NJF family!!!! The smile on her face when the roar from the crowd for her first pike was Priceless!!! Thanks again!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 03-02-2015, 07:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Absolutely great day,

Was a pleasure to meet everyone and had a great time doing so.

Sorry for bailing out a bit early but the kid was already freezing a bit. I did hit up Farrington around 4 for some sunny action to make myself feel better for having only one flag and missing it.

Eddie thanks for putting it together man.

Andre
Old 03-02-2015, 08:32 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ugh!!!! I missed out on the Spruce party again! Looks like you guys had a great time, i wouldn't expect anything less from the crew i see in all these pics. What's up with that swan? Feet frozen to the ice???

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 03-02-2015, 08:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice to meet all of you. I'm glad I got out for a few hours to see how you guys made the magic happen. Great food and friends. Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:25 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Hey guys, I really enjoyed "briefly" meeting you all on Sat. I wish I had more time to spend to get to know you all better, but I had that situation with my brother. He's OK, but still in the hospital today/Mon.
I just checked out your contest- I like the idea of putting money in for prizes. I'll be in next year. Cheap enough but makes it more interesting. my son got a 20 1/2" LB at Spruce Run in January and a 26" pickerel at Pompton. Tom, AKA Tom K from NJ.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScowardNJ View Post
Ugh!!!! I missed out on the Spruce party again! Looks like you guys had a great time, i wouldn't expect anything less from the crew i see in all these pics. What's up with that swan? Feet frozen to the ice???
LoL,

Actually the swan was hanging out by us pretty much all day. I have some pictures with him trying to jig for fish. Apparently he liked the bark on the jig rod.

By the looks of it I think it was sick and confused. Felt sorry for it so we fed with bread while he was around.

Andre
Old 03-02-2015, 12:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey all! sorry for the late reply. It was great seeing everyone once again. My kid had a blast with everyone! Took some time to get him convinced that it was safe ice but I'm happy once he stepped out of the truck his mind changed instantly and he was grinning from ear to ear. thank you guys and gal for showing him a great time! as always a great time with great friends you couldn't ask for a better time! Tight lines everyone!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL. Thanx again for coming out everyone. Season will be winding down soon. Hope the catching is good for everyone until ice out. See you out there somewhere.

Tom K, hope everything works out for your brother. Look forward to fishing with you guys in the future. Welcome to the best fishing site around.

TIGHT LINEZ!!!!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: M-N-G, SPRUCE RUN, Saturday, February 28th!

Thanx for all the work in putting it together. Sweet lookin' brown outta SR
Old 03-04-2015, 04:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Thanx for all the work in putting it together. Sweet lookin' brown outta SR
2 beautiful Browns on the FlatcreekFairy last year. 1st went 22.5in.-3.8lb, 2nd was almost the equal@ 22in.- 3.5lb. Both trips also brought stripes up to 5lb.
Beautiful chrome colored trout, and a mixed fish dinner.

WHO SAYS, the trout are gone?? I remember, not too long ago, when S.R. was an amazing trout fishery. Apparently they've found a way to survive.