NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trout - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-02-2018, 12:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool Re: Trout

Still plenty of trout fisherman on the weekends in the High bridge - Flemington area of the SBR! Just sayin!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
Well that certainly is true...If someone sees a kid riding his bike or walking alone they'd probably call the Cops or DYFS.

On the bright side a friend of mine's son started a fishing club in his High School and didn't know what to expect... Turns out it's one of the more popular clubs.
I got involved with National Teen Anglers http://www.teenanglers.org/ in 2005

Though they did not have much success starting fishing clubs in NJ Middle & High Schools, we still hold an annual Teen Angler Youth Day @ the Pequest Education Pond. 7/21/18 will be the 13th annual.

Everything is free. Kids can catch & release as many trout as they want, keep 3 to take home, lunch & prizes for all.

Last year this 9.89 lb., 23.5” was the largest.

Sign-ups begin in early June on the above website. The 80 slots fill up quickly,…….in 1 or 2 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9.89 pound, 23.5 inch rainbow trout Teen anglers 2017.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	122007  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Trout

There you go man! Your having a good time with the Trout. I’m glad you were able to find a beautiful stream to enjoy the fishery on. It’s very peaceful most of the time. Great looking fish! YEA BUDDY!!!
Old 05-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
I got involved with National Teen Anglers http://www.teenanglers.org/ in 2005

Though they did not have much success starting fishing clubs in NJ Middle & High Schools, we still hold an annual Teen Angler Youth Day @ the Pequest Education Pond. 7/21/18 will be the 13th annual.

Everything is free. Kids can catch & release as many trout as they want, keep 3 to take home, lunch & prizes for all.

Last year this 9.89 lb., 23.5” was the largest.

Sign-ups begin in early June on the above website. The 80 slots fill up quickly,…….in 1 or 2 days.
Excellent Mark and thanks for volunteering... It's often times events like this is all it takes for someone to get the fishing bug and this great sport of ours can keep kids out of trouble and provide a lifetime of enjoyment.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 05-04-2018 at 11:09 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 12:26 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

If anyone has fishing equipment / tackle to donate for prizes for 7/21/18 Teen Anglers event, the teens would appreciate it.

Doesn’t have to be new,………..working reels / rods, tackle / lures that you no longer use.

A few years ago, I had several rod / reel combos that were confiscated from violators by NJDF&W Conservation Officers. I told the teens that the rods were taken from criminals who broke Fish & Wildlife laws, and that should be a lesson to them to always obey the law.

I overheard one of the teens say to another, that he hoped to get one of the “criminal rods”.

I guess those rods had “stream cred”.