NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ramapo Report 6/10 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-11-2017, 01:31 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Ramapo Report 6/10

Decided to due a little post stocking(June) trout trip to the Ramapo yesterday. Invited a friend who hadn't fished in a while and we were on the river in Mahwah a little after 6. Figured the fishing would be tougher and it was. River still flowing OK but already much lower than weeks ago.Worked initial sections for 2 hours without a bump, finally connected with a decent stockie on a worm. Worked WAY down river and finally found a pocket where I hit 5 more on pink eggs. My buddy was getting skunked and I was feeling bad for him, by now its about 11 Am and he finally gets a good hit on a spinner but missed it, throws back out a gets crushed, right away I knew it was a good one, fish comes right at him and I moved by him to net a 16 inch beauty. Bought one of those rubber nets and I must say its not deep enough, damn fish flopped right out but stayed hooked to be netted again. Was kinda funny but he was putting pink eggs on the back of the spinner and it worked on the real nice fish. We were wrapping it up when we decided to hit one more pocket passed earlier. Tied on a spinner and watched a trout follow it but didn't take, laughed that maybe I should put a pink egg on the spinner and few casts later, bam, got em! Had a real nice morning with a buddy, cool conditions and didn't see another fishermen all day.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Ramapo Report 6/10

Just saw this Slam-A-Po report ! Good stuff. Weather getting warm now, ugggh !!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Ramapo Report 6/10

Some good action to be had on those northern streams! Sounds like a beautiful day on the stream!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Ramapo Report 6/10

Nice to see the stockies are still biting.

"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths"