NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2018 Freshwater Fisheries Forums - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-07-2018, 01:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default 2018 Freshwater Fisheries Forums

For all the folks who had/have issues with the new regs that were just passed here's your chance to have your voices and opinions heard, not just by the Div but also by the folks who hold a differing opinion that may have had an effect on the recently adopted regs.

I attend these meetings every year and it's sad to say but I always see the same group of guys and gals there, many of whom hold to the principals that were forwarded by the recent reg changes.

From the 'other' side of the issues there are very few who attend and take the time to speak up. I know Andy attends the N. Jersey forum at Hackettestown every year, that's about the only time he and I get a chance to BS each year.

Get out there folks if you want to have your opinions heard and taken seriously by the folks who make the decision's that affect us all.

Here's the info...

Freshwater Fisheries Forums

Each year the Division of Fish and Wildlife's Bureau of Freshwater Fisheries holds three public forums to improve communication with the angling public and to solicit public input in shaping freshwater fisheries programs in the future. The forums are a perfect opportunity for all freshwater anglers to learn about existing programs and to share their views and recommendations.

Forum topics cover all aspects of freshwater management, including both warmwater and coldwater fisheries. Each year updates on specific management activities are provided, as well as open discussions on future management recommendations. Over the years various regulatory, management and stocking changes have resulted from suggestions from anglers attending the forums.

North Jersey Fisheries Forum - January 20, 2018 at 10am: Hackettstown State Fish Hatchery

South Jersey Fisheries Forum - February 24, 2018 at 10am: Batsto Village Visitor's Center

Trout Meeting - March 3, 2018 at 10am: Pequest Trout Hatchery

As always, there will be ample time for open discussion with professional staff to answer any questions or address concerns of anglers during the extended question and answer period.

Come be an integral part in the development of future programs and regulations related to New Jersey's freshwater fisheries resources.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: 2018 Freshwater Fisheries Forums

Maybe 15 people will show up like last year.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2018 Freshwater Fisheries Forums

I will be going this year...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks, Dave. I will be there.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

yeah now that we know a handful of elitist can project their will onto the entire NJ fishing community, we will have to start going to the meetings.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 01-08-2018, 06:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Exclamation Re: 2018 Freshwater Fisheries Forums

I want to contribute some additional info on the regulation changes, particularly the hot button issues of the barb/hook point restrictions and the private trout clubs fishing during the pre-opening day closure. I filed an OPRA request with the DEP and obtained many, if not all, of the public comments submitted to F&W regarding the fish code proposals. After reading through all ~160 comments I was provided, and evaluating which ones were relevant, I found the following:

Barbless Hook/3- Hook Point Restriction on C&R Trout Waters:
Comments In Favor: 71
Comments Opposed: 40

Private Clubs Fishing During Closed Season
Comments In Favor: 81
Comments Opposed: 12

*Note that "in favor" or "opposed" means the comment applied either to the proposed changes as a whole, or specifically to that issue.
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube