NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Budd lake - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-24-2019, 07:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Budd lake

Fished hard today. Got to budd lake with 2 buddies around 10:30 and fished til 5. Between the 3 of us we threw every kind of presentation you could think of for whatever felt like biting but no takers. My buddy brought his jon boat so we were able to cover a ton of water, just couldn’t locate anything.

While throwing a lipless crank, I had a nice smallie chase it right up to the boat but he turned back at the last second. We also saw a carp darting around like crazy, before launching himself out of the water. It almost rammed our boat! Things you don’t see when you stay home.

First part of the day was calm and partly cloudy, but when the clouds rolled in the brought the wind and it got chilly. Thought the clouds might have helped the bite but no such luck. Another 3 guys were out there on their brand new bass boat, they hadn’t caught anything either which made us feel a bit better.

Good day overall, always learning. Just wish I could shake this skunk streak :’(
Old 03-24-2019, 08:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Budd lake

cool report. budd or dudd lake as i like to call it can be tough but when you do hook up it is usually something nice. that place used to have nice perch in it but they have been tough to find lately. if you want to kick that skunk you should get out on the cong for some crappies they are hitting good for now. the temps later in the week should pick things up a bit. i saw a few nice perch and crappies caught today. if you do not mind catching slime darts they are playing nice as well now. most of the fish are being caught in the shallower water it warms up faster and the fish are hitting there. i hope you can kick that skunk soon. tight lines brother
Old 03-24-2019, 08:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was at Budd Thursday and fished HARD for hours, caught one smallmouth about 9 inches! So it's not you! lol
Old 03-24-2019, 10:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Looks like fish are going on strike until they get their higher temps. Been stuck around 40F.

If it helps, me and several people skunked on the Raritan today.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

you picked a strange place to try to beat the skunk dude haha. go get on some slab crappies!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 03-25-2019, 02:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
you picked a strange place to try to beat the skunk dude haha. go get on some slab crappies!
My buddy suggested the place and he had the boat, so I went along. Apparently he had done very well there previously. A guy caught a pike on a senko at the ramp when we showed up so we thought itd be a decent day but apparently not!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Budd lake

Damn, taking your lumps !!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I used to fish Budd in the mid 90's and found it to be unpredictable. The only pattern I ever pieced together was to work the Lily pad edges in summer back by the brushy swamp. Since it was and still is a long drive for me, I don't bother with it anymore.