NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Angler Kayaks - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 03-18-2016, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Angler Kayaks

I'm looking to get in on the kayak fishing craze hopefully by this summer. I've been looking at the Vibe Seaghost 130 to get me started before I would drop over $3k on a Hobie mirage drive kayak before even knowing that I like it. Just looking to put feelers out if anyone has any other suggestions for starter angler kayaks that won't break the bank. Looking to take it out in the back bay and possibly even 1-2 miles off the surf.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Angler Kayaks

dont know much about kayaks but my buddy fished out of an angler for a year and like it. He kept looking on craigslist and eventually found a like new hobie drive yak for 1600 bucks. Id say look for a used one to start out with let somebody else take the hit on new
Old 03-25-2016, 02:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Angler Kayaks

Check out the Jackson Kayak Kraken 13.5 and their Big Rig. Somewhat cheaper than the Big Rig and Kraken 13.5 is their Cuda 12 or 14.

Also take a look at the Old Town Next. It's a kayak canoe hybrid that is reasonably priced