NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Volunteers needed to help trout stock the Musconetcong River this Friday 5/7/16 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-03-2016, 12:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Volunteers needed to help trout stock the Musconetcong River this Friday 5/7/16

The WCC needs help with stocking the Musconetcong River with trout this Friday. Our volunteers stock stretches of the river that the state trucks cannot reach in order to safely spread the fish out better.

By the end of June, most NJ waterbodies that are stocked with trout get too warm from them to survive. This is a great opportunity to learn the river and spots where trout will survive year round.

We will be meeting at the Hackettstown Hatchery at 7am this Friday. If you haven't done this before and would like to, please fill out the form from website below and bring it.

http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/wcchome.htm

We are currently short on help so please come out if you are available. Any questions PM me.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Volunteers needed to help trout stock the Musconetcong River this Friday 5/7/16

Pictures from last week's stocking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ericstocking.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	95592   Click image for larger version

Name:	gerrystocking.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	95593  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Volunteers needed to help trout stock the Musconetcong River this Friday 5/7/16

Looking at that application no wonder you have trouble getting people to help. To much personal info wanted in that application IMO. What if you only want to help stock one time? They are looking for help not a job applicant.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Banned

Load up the river with trout before the summer comes
Old 05-03-2016, 01:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaink View Post
Looking at that application no wonder you have trouble getting people to help. To much personal info wanted in that application IMO. What if you only want to help stock one time? They are looking for help not a job applicant.
They are looking to not get sued.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

fine with me they require some info, i'd rather not have anybody drive off laughing with 100 trout in the back of their pickup because they gave a fake name
Old 05-03-2016, 07:07 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Yes help them put the fish in their private stretches where the average fisherman cannot find them...they can than guide and look like a guru .............JUST THE FACTS
Old 05-03-2016, 07:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Volunteers needed to help trout stock the Musconetcong River this Friday 5/7/16

The Trout in the Musky holdover without any issues! I catch them all year round! Great opportunity for guys wondering where the fish are! If I had time I would be there! Remember, when the river floods, the fish are quite capable of swimming up or downstream to find waters suitable to they're needs and longevity! They're just fish but they do have brains and know when an area is challenging there life! As for clubs! Ehhhhhh!!!! Whatever! I catch all your Trout! Thank you!!! And nooooooo! I didn't have to pay for membership!!! LMFAO!!!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Then be more than an average fisherman. The state asking for help to spread the stocking program on the musky is something that should be applauded not bashed. Jesus...

Some of us appreciate not having to sit elbow to elbow with fellow anglers and also appreciate taking a stroll to find fish. If you don't like private waters just fish them until told otherwise. And catching 9" stockies doesn't make anyone look like a guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRONK View Post
Yes help them put the fish in their private stretches where the average fisherman cannot find them...they can than guide and look like a guru .............JUST THE FACTS
Old 05-03-2016, 09:06 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRONK View Post
You got that right. Could you be referring to a certain guide with a feeder?