NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!" - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-11-2016, 08:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!"

Bump that! I know this is about the Raritan, but after whatever extra calls & letters were sent, Andy also helped with the Passaic as well.

Andy, remember those bad pics of the Chernobyl looking Dundee Island Preserve in Clifton? Well somebody's been back there the last couple weeks with a lil backhoe giving it hell!! Can't help but thank you again for your persistence in letters,calls, & emails. Got a nice Larry there as well & he sends his thanks too!
Old 05-11-2016, 09:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

all this time I thought Andy was just his nickname.i thought his real name was"Raritan River".a great person who deserves great things.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I think Andy deserves this 100%! It's been a foregone conclusion of mine for years now, that he deserves recognition, and because what he does really makes a large and positive difference. I first encountered him on Facebook, how I don't remember and that doesn't matter, but he was posting on golf balls in the Lamington. I got really, really fascinated and absorbed in every post. Now I'm working at the country club, just worked out this way, enjoying it too, if golf balls still make it downstream...Still follow Andy closely and this year, despite the missed opportunity last year, although I did do cleanup with Raritan Headwaters, I plan on doing work wherever Andy points me in June. I posted on Andy's work once in my blog, and that post got more likes than any other I have written. It's not only that it's personally deserved--the work is significant, symbolic, and especially concretely productive for this river system.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!"

I can't thank you guys enough ! I am just following in the foot steps of others, but felt like it had to be taken up a notch (since I'm not getting any younger)
I did write a proposal to F&G asking trout stocking be continued to the town of Manville and that the upper reaches get fall stocking. Won't hear anything on that till 2018. There is a TON of stuff going on with the Raritan river, not just clean ups. I guess it all boils down to "if you see something, say something"
Glad things are looking up on the Passaic also.
Just ONE of the things going on right now:

NOAA and other trustees have prepared a draft restoration plan that proposes removing the Weston Mill Dam on the Millstone River, and conducting analysis and design studies to improve fish passage at the Island Farm Weir on the Raritan River. Removal of the Weston Mill Dam would restore habitat for fish and other in-river trust resources injured by long-term releases related to the site. We are accepting public comments on this plan until June 10, 2016.

Comments may be submitted by mail to:

Mr. Carl Alderson
NOAA Restoration Center - Sandy Hook Office
JJ Howard National Marine Fisheries Science Center
74 Magruder Rd. Highlands
NJ 07732

or via email to: Carl.Alderson@noaa.gov(link sends e-mail)

Please include “American Cyanamid Public Comment” in the subject line. Written comments received and the trustees’ responses to those comments, whether in the form of plan revisions or written explanations, will be summarized in the Final Restoration Plan/Environmental Assessment.

NOAA continues to work with the lead cleanup agency and the other trustees to evaluate cleanup and restoration efforts that would fully compensate the public for any additional potential injuries to natural resources.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!"

Bump, bump, bump!!! Andy for president of the Raritan River!!!