NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Conditions are prime at the D&R Canal - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-10-2016, 02:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Conditions are prime at the D&R Canal

Hi all. Currently laid up for a few weeks due to bicep tendon reattachment so my fishing in the near future is shot! Going CRAZY!!

Went for a walk today at the D&R Canal since I live right across the street. Water is healthy and things are green all over. Fish are on the move everywhere I looked. Saw everything from slab panfish, yellow perch, largemouth and chain pickerel swimming today. Damn shame I am limited to one arm!

This is KILLING me! This is a prime time to be fishing the canal! If you decide to head out and your in the S. Bound Brook area, let me know and I will walk over and say hi.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Conditions are prime at the D&R Canal

Take care of that injury/surgery dude. It's not to be taken lightly! It could impact you for life if not cared for properly. Do not rush anything.

You could always hand line. Tie the line around your waist and just run away from the shoreline once you're hooked up! Lol.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

Heal up first that's the most important thing. Get well soon here's to a quick recovery bro.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have no choice but to obviously wait it out. Can't even puck up a glass of water right now.

Thanks for the positive thoughts! Can't wait till this fades into the shadows of the past!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:07 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I feel bad for you.I totally know what it is like I have spinal stenosis in my back and struggle to walk everyday right now. The pain is unbearable. I will get up in morning with intention of trying to fish and lots of the time cant. So I do feel your pain. Just keep positive and know one day you will fish again
Old 05-11-2016, 05:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I've been fishing the Feeder Canal exclusivly with just spinners for the last two months. So far no bass, but I've caught plenty of trout, crappies, and pickerel. I wish the guys who maintain the Canal would stop mowing the grass into the water though, it's really getting old dealing with all that crap and almost impossible to get a spinner to work some days.