NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

rainy night mixed bag on the cong - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-16-2019, 02:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default rainy night mixed bag on the cong

i went out on the cong last night got out around 6pm and fished till 3am. started out with a roadrunner and got 3 crappies ranging from 9 to 12" then got a 12.5" smallmouth. moved to a less windy spot and got a 14" largemouth. went to the topwater stuff and got a 17" slime dart was hoping the bass wanted to play but ended up getting that thing so i moved to my nighttime spot and waited to hear the herring doing their thing that they do. used a chuggin spook and a spittin image i got a 14" smallmouth on the spook and later on i got a 23" walleye on the spittin image. the wind made it difficult to topwater fish last night the wind did not slow down till about 11:45pm i had a bunch of short strikes in the wind. the fish seemed to strike just behind the lure even had one strike in front of the lure right at the canoe, startled the heck out me was not expecting that. the rain started around 12:30pm and the action slowed down i fished two other spots and no love so i went home at 3am.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: rainy night mixed bag on the cong

how was the boat traffic at that hour?
Old 06-17-2019, 06:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: rainy night mixed bag on the cong

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
how was the boat traffic at that hour?
at first there was the normal boat traffic for this time of the year and later on it mellowed out. the fishing traffic was minimal not too many fishermen out after midnight. the rain might of had something to do with that, it definitely slowed the fishing down.