NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The end of a fishing access, Pohatcong, NJ! - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-15-2020, 09:03 AM
dakota560

Default Re: The end of a fishing access, Pohatcong, NJ!

Eddie PLEASE tell me you have special permission and somehow edited my post without actually replying to it. Don't want the board thinking I developed split personality disorder and having conversations with myself. If that wasn't you, I need to up my meds immediately.

Last edited by dakota560; 06-15-2020 at 11:14 AM..
Old 06-15-2020, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sorry Tom! Yes it was me. Haha! Meant to reply, duhhhhhh on my part.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Tom,

I gots to try that for sure. Great stuff.

Eddie,

Quick update on time you showed up there and saw ppl after signs were posted. Well toward late afternoon that crowd swelled to about 40ppl. Had friends passing by the area. And what do you know. Same person who kept on calling cops on me last 2 times i was there, was there with his family unloading fishing and bbq gear from his truck. Amazing how it works. Now for the kicker. As soon as he saw my friends he realized that we perfectly know who he is, so he quickly loaded up his family back in a truck and high tailed out of there. Low and behold, 20 minutes later cops show up and everyone gets kicked out. They literally sat there for 45 minutes waiting for everyone to clear out.

So questions is, is it really towns doing or just one individual

Andre
Old 06-16-2020, 12:44 PM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post
Tom,

I gots to try that for sure. Great stuff.

Eddie,

Quick update on time you showed up there and saw ppl after signs were posted. Well toward late afternoon that crowd swelled to about 40ppl. Had friends passing by the area. And what do you know. Same person who kept on calling cops on me last 2 times i was there, was there with his family unloading fishing and bbq gear from his truck. Amazing how it works. Now for the kicker. As soon as he saw my friends he realized that we perfectly know who he is, so he quickly loaded up his family back in a truck and high tailed out of there. Low and behold, 20 minutes later cops show up and everyone gets kicked out. They literally sat there for 45 minutes waiting for everyone to clear out.

So questions is, is it really towns doing or just one individual

Andre
Andre......my bet would be a combination of all three. Pretty brazen the person calling the police is actually still accessing the area the complaint covers. My guess would be he wanted exclusive access so complained to the town. I assume this is town or county property and there has to be a legal document (lease, easement, access rights etc.) between parties so the town contractually probably needs to bring the RR into it. The sign posted by the RR seems to coincide with the timing of all this but might be a product of what was started by the resident as opposed to the RR being the driving force. The picture of the sign posted by the RR I would imagine is pretty standard practice in that industry to avoid liability if someone is hurt or worse on their property. Might have been a contractual obligation in the provisions of the contract to post signage which the town made the RR comply with based on the malcontents complaint.

That would also give the town the ability to blame the change on the RR when in fact it could very well be driven by one disgruntled resident who wants exclusive access rights for himself.

FWIW, its my understanding there are areas on the Delaware River not accessible to the general public but accessible to town residents. Not sure if that's the case here, if so I doubt the person you observed would have reloaded the truck and high tailed it out or he's not a resident. If it's no trespassing by order of the RR, my guess would be residential status wouldn't even matter.

Question, are those railroad tracks still functional? I'm not from that area but the times I've fished the area I've never seen one train.

Last edited by dakota560; 06-16-2020 at 03:12 PM..
Old 06-16-2020, 04:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

They run the steam train out of P’burg a couple months out of the year. The access area is one of the places the train stops to do whatever, take pictures of the river I guess.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:58 PM
dakota560

New sign has been officially posted which is a lot less onerous than the initial sign. Access shouldn't be a problem anymore! Just take a picture and keep it in your wallet as part of your credentials working for "STFU"!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Sign 4.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	141869  

Last edited by dakota560; 06-16-2020 at 08:42 PM..
Old 06-17-2020, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: The end of a fishing access, Pohatcong, NJ!

Hahaha this is great! I’ll be out there soon enough! Well played Tom!