NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New Stradic - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 11-14-2019, 01:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default New Stradic

Anyone have the new stradic and have thoughts, good or bad? Trying to get an all-purpose, multi species reel for boat and kayak fishing, and everything is pointing toward a stradic 5000 fl. Was looking at Penn Slammer 3500 too, but the extra 4-5 oz might make a difference from a yak.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: New Stradic

Ballistic super spin reel ! I own couple of both and fished them both salt n fresh.
Luv the Ballistics
Old 11-14-2019, 11:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

X2 ballistic. If fishing hard though, esp from the yak, might wanna look into something sealed. The magseal is nice but it's sort of a false sense of security. Its not really sealed per say. Its magnetic oil essentially that's supposed to push the bad stuff out/away. Great, great reels. I own 3. But one failed (older EX) back bay fluking from land. Not sure if a bearing is shot or the magseal went, or the 3-4 30+ lb cow nose rays smoked it lol... but if you're gonna go hard and spend a lot of time on the water, I'd go sealed like a VS or VS-X. Who cares about the weight difference... enjoy one larger arm and the security of having a sealed reel.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:08 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

I have the Stradic CI4 plus and although it's a sweet reel when it's working, I and others have had issues with the anti reverse and the bail mechanism...

I haven't fished one but I've heard great things about both the Diawa Ballistic as well as the BG..

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 11-15-2019, 08:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have the Stradic 5000. couldn't be happier. it is a smooth dependable reel. It has a 24 pound drag so it can handle the larger species.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:31 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
X2 ballistic. If fishing hard though, esp from the yak, might wanna look into something sealed. The magseal is nice but it's sort of a false sense of security. Its not really sealed per say. Its magnetic oil essentially that's supposed to push the bad stuff out/away. Great, great reels. I own 3. But one failed (older EX) back bay fluking from land. Not sure if a bearing is shot or the magseal went, or the 3-4 30+ lb cow nose rays smoked it lol... but if you're gonna go hard and spend a lot of time on the water, I'd go sealed like a VS or VS-X. Who cares about the weight difference... enjoy one larger arm and the security of having a sealed reel.
My stradic fk either had water get inside or the bearings are shot, it will barely turn now, but had heard the new fl was better protected. Probably would be fine after getting serviced, but don't want to deal with it ceasing up every season. I toyed with the idea of just selling all my spinning reels and get a VR-50 and be done with it. Maybe time to save up...