NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Owning a boat is getting very expensive! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Owning a boat is getting very expensive!

i got a blown motor on m 24cc, was thinking of just using the one motor and dragging the second, hell with getting it rebuilt. hahaha

boat ownership is a DRAG!!!! i rather spend 170 a day, once a week or more to fish with charter boats on open days rather than buy another boat. Lose/lose situation being a boat owner.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sold mine with mixed feelings this year. Have had one for past 15 yeasrs now and love that freedom of use but became more and more of an issue after I didn't have it in a slip. For me, trying to get a crew on weekdays when I had off was tough and ramping it by myself just wasn't as much fun as going down and hopping on it to take off. Add the rising expenses( And I still take family vacations on warm sunny beaches in the south) just cheaper to hit a party boat or charter. I'll be back in the game some day soon I'm sure as I do want to upsize eventually. This year? I'll dream about it on a charter while in sunny FLA!
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com
Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool Re: Owning a boat is getting very expensive!

There are pro's and con's for sure. There has been a boat in my family since I was a kid. Nothing like going out and finding fish and just enjoying the freedom of being out there on the water. But my point is ... man.. its getting expensive! Not sure how i would feel if I didn't own one though... I always have something to look forward to!! It's a way of life !!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Sold my 21 cc 3 weeks ago and upgraded to a 26 walk around. Boat is being surveyed this week and if all is good i can work on it next weekend. The withdrawal from the past 3 weeks is hard enough. Seeing everyone waxing, compounding, painting etc... is painful enough. Don't know what it would be like if I didn't have one at all. Worth every single hard earned penny in my opinion and wouldn't have it any other way!