NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2017-2018 nhl season........ - Page 7 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:15 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2017-2018 nhl season........

wow a couple goals and they look like a new team . maybe a little confidence is all that's needed
Old 11-01-2017, 07:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

x2 on that.saw some good things like kride picking up his game,the power play
scored and hank played great but the odd man rush is still trying to thread the needle pass bs.the defense has to start to pick up and get more aggressive around the net and we have to play hard for sixty.

Last edited by bunker dunker; 11-01-2017 at 09:31 AM..
Old 11-01-2017, 08:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Got to the game last night. Invite from my son, funny how life cycles now he is taking me after years of the other way around
Vegas was impressive for 2 periods, great positional hockey and speed. Of course Oscar gets one on us. BRING HIM BACK!

Anyway great 3rd period and I really hope AV learned something as in KEEP Krieder, Buchnevich and Mika together. 3 goals and 4 assists for that line alone. Mika great on faceoffs and took over the third.

Hank OK enough to win and really can only fault him on the penalty shot through the wickets, rest of their goals were sloppy play in front of him.

AV saved his job for another day but better keep these lines together. Or I am telling Mom
Old 11-01-2017, 09:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thankful for finally getting 2 points BUT..... we still gave up 4 goals, looked lost making mistakes first 2 periods, and I think they woke up in the third thinking they might as well hang their heads in shame if they lose again to a 4th STRING GOALIE!!! But no doubt I'm still thrilled to get a W!!

FYI: one of my fishing club members won our Asbury Park Fishing Club Tournament this past weekend with a 41Lb bass on the beach... so maybe we'll see some bigger fish coming in now with the water cooling down

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
Old 11-01-2017, 05:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I figured this season would look like a hover around .500 team with the combo of older and real young talent. But 5 starters out with injury and another 3 banged up and playing thru it? Jeez man that’s rough!!

AND having to live with a 15 yr old Devils fan who hasn’t stopped gloating lately!!!

ONLY thing making me smile is Rangers and Habs misery...

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 11-01-2017, 08:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

its been an interesting start to the season here is something to think about. maybe a bad start by the rangers isn't terrible. why you ask???? most teams are so close and ya wanna get out to a quick start but the favorites of pitt, wash, Toronto and some others aren't exactly setting the world on fire. tama bay is and no surprise. from this point of view the door is still open . I mean can the devils stay on top ? I don't think so . Ottawa is interesting with 5 ties . they find a way to win and I believe in the system they play but I cant see them any higher . jackets sure there legit. islanders playing well and Tavares is wrecking things I could see them moving into a middle seed. Pittsburgh are looking human and backup goalie situation is killing them. rangers are only 3 points out of a playoff spot .

the reason the rangers aren't doing good is simple. I have lundkquist , kreider, zuccarello and I just picked up buchnevich for fantasy hockey. whoever I pickup turns to mush. just like the guy from Bronx tale
Old 11-02-2017, 08:31 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Maybe the Rangers are fooling us all and trying a different tactic this year.... lousy start and strong finish instead of vice versa as they usually do

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 11-02-2017, 09:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

we are 10 games in a 80 game season.we need to start playing real hockey.
this 20 minutes here and 30 minutes here are not going to do it.were is emil francis when ya need him.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

And some real defenseman...”SHOOT THE PUCK, BARRY!”
Old 11-03-2017, 07:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

2 in a row... yayyyyyyyyyy!!!! Great to see the whole team show up for 60 minutes and see Zuc back in the limelight again.... and to win it in OT against TB was special.... Gotta keep up this mindset and get some of our goal scorers to start producing and we will be on our way back!!