NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Has anyone used this Yamaha Yamalube EFI Engine Storage Fogging Oil stuff? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 12-12-2016, 10:57 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Has anyone used this Yamaha Yamalube EFI Engine Storage Fogging Oil stuff?

Last year when winterizing I used this stuff for the first time. Mixed it in a portable gas tank as per the instructions. Attached to the mix tank behind the priming bulb and ran the motor for at least half hour and never saw any “blue smoke” come out of the motor. I’ve barley ever seen any smoke at all come out of this motor! So I figured I ran enough of the mix into the motor and put the boat to bed for the winter and had zero issues this season.

This year I was a little more thorough, I completely drained the cup and the fuel line back to the bulb. I mixed a fresh tank of this Yami EFI Fogging Oil stuff, attached the tank and primed the mix up into the cup, fired up the motor waiting for blue smoke and still saw nothing. Again, after at least a half hour to 45 mins of run time I shut her down and covered the boat for the winter. I even throttled the motor a few times to see if any bursts of blue smoke would come out but saw nothing.

Has anyone used this stuff to winterize and witnessed the blue smoke? I just hope I’m not missing something and not laying the motor down right for the winter. The motor is 2010 Yami F150

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...&dealernumber=

Last edited by ScowardNJ; 12-12-2016 at 11:00 AM..
Old 12-12-2016, 02:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Has anyone used this Yamaha Yamalube EFI Engine Storage Fogging Oil stuff?

the VST holds a lot of gas...i think it would take a long time to empty at idle before it starts run on your fuel cocktial.

but we do this.....

-just did my buddies F150...we used a portable tank with 1 gal of premium gas and almost a full quart of 2 cycle oil outboard oil and star-tron stable. ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-...-1-Qt/16401579 )

-I did my my F150 mid October..I used a portable tank with non-ethanol fuel 50:1 mix from lowes...this was my 2nd season doing it this way. but i think next fall i'm just going to use the 2 cycle oil.

Process is...
1. start your outboard and let it idle for a few minutes.
2. drain the VST.
3. hook up tank to motor filter.
4. squeez ball to fill vst etc.
5. start and run for 5 minutes.
6. drain vst again.
7. reinstall fuel line
8. change motor oil.
9. I did some fogging oil in the spark plugs but it may not be necessary with all that oil.
10 lower unit oil.
11. spray silicone on motor and wipe clean.
12. done.

tony

Last edited by Anthony; 12-12-2016 at 02:56 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 04:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Has anyone used this Yamaha Yamalube EFI Engine Storage Fogging Oil stuff?

I used to mix up my own homemade winterization cocktail with my last Yami 2 stroke. Techtron+2 cycle+Marvel Mystery oil+Stabil all mixed at a very NON-precise ratio into fresh high octane. The old 2-stroke would smoke than get a little boggy and spit blue'er smoke than normal then i knew she was ready to rest for the winter. That old 86 Yami still ran like top until the day my transom rotted out and I had to get rid of the boat.

After doing some further interweb searching I think I should be running this Yamalube cocktail at a higher RPM. I basically ran it at idle for around 30 minutes, then gave the throttle a couple pushes to see what happened and then shut it down for the winter.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:21 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Uft3pYHvI
Old 12-13-2016, 09:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nothing succeeds like success. The process he has used works for his motor. Not loosing sight of purpose is to winterize the motor for a happy spring. It works with his set up. If it aint broke don't fix it ( get your blue smoke elsewhere). The results speak for themselves.

What additional benefits will you get than you already have screwing with this technique.

I run nothing but treated fuel all season. My winterization is the same as every time I use it. Flush for 10 minutes. turn off. DONE!! Last carb problem I had was in the mid 1980's. And that's it for fuel. And as suggested the other moving parts including drowned the power head in silicon based spray.

As many will tell you... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
the VST holds a lot of gas...i think it would take a long time to empty at idle before it starts run on your fuel cocktial.

but we do this.....

-just did my buddies F150...we used a portable tank with 1 gal of premium gas and almost a full quart of 2 cycle oil outboard oil and star-tron stable. ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-...-1-Qt/16401579 )

-I did my my F150 mid October..I used a portable tank with non-ethanol fuel 50:1 mix from lowes...this was my 2nd season doing it this way. but i think next fall i'm just going to use the 2 cycle oil.

Process is...
1. start your outboard and let it idle for a few minutes.
2. drain the VST.
3. hook up tank to motor filter.
4. squeez ball to fill vst etc.
5. start and run for 5 minutes.
6. drain vst again.
7. reinstall fuel line
8. change motor oil.
9. I did some fogging oil in the spark plugs but it may not be necessary with all that oil.
10 lower unit oil.
11. spray silicone on motor and wipe clean.
12. done.

tony
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber