NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

My annual visit to the NJF&W field office-7/10/18: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-10-2018, 01:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up My annual visit to the NJF&W field office-7/10/18:

I was in the area of Round Valley this afternoon so I decided to stop in at the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife field office. NEVER in all my years of just "popping" in have I ever been turned away.
Shawn Crouse was in the office so I got talk to him about the recent survey done on the Millstone river, one of my biggest concerns was the amount and size of Grass Carp found. Shawn lays it all on the line. We touched on many topics during my short visit, one of which was invasive species. When it comes to such fish as Snakeheads and Flatheads Shawn used the word "displacement"
I find it fascinating to talk to biologists about how invasive fish displace others.
So many topics were discussed during my short visit I really can't go into detail. Our very own Mark B. was also in the office today so I got to say hello to him also.
I know I beef a lot about many things on NJF , most of it stems from perception, how we perceive things. But a short sit down with one of our many highly educated biologists and the air is quickly cleared.
I always said we have a good team out there working diligently behind the scenes, I give them lots of credit.
There are many venues we as fishermen can use to either find out was is going on or to report something we like or dislike. There are Sportsman's Federation meetings, Trout Unlimited meetings, Watershed activities as well as meetings. There is a contact form on the F&W website. Round Valley Trout Association holds meetings as well as Lake Hopatcong's Knee Deep Club.
I'm not saying rush on over to your local F&W office, but it nice to know there is a sort of open door policy that allows someone like me to just walk and talk to State biologists.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: My annual visit to the NJF&W field office-7/10/18:

Definitely appreciate all of the dedicated folks at NJDFW and all they do for our favorite sport.

You know you don't sound like such a bad guy when you're not grumpy! Better watch it or you'll ruin your reputation!

Nicely Done Capt!
Old 07-10-2018, 07:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Old 07-10-2018, 07:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

They also run an outstanding trout stocking program which permits decent trout fishing year round 👍
Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm sure they respect and appreciate the clean up work you do on the waterways.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Next time say hi for me might stop in some time myself. They were great at the fisheries meeting.