NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Spike in Traffic and New Regisrants - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-13-2020, 08:46 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Spike in Traffic and New Regisrants

Not exactly sure why but we experienced a spike in traffic and new registrants here lately... Yes it's the summer and we usually have a spike but this is much more of a spike then we usually have and now it's out pacing our group Facebook page...

So, what do you all attribute this to?
- More people at home with more time on their hands
- People tiring of regular social media sites

I'd be interested in opinions here so what do you all think?

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 08-13-2020, 09:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Spike in Traffic and New Regisrants

For sure, fishing grew in popularity this year, so it could just be that there's more new anglers, and returning anglers from hiatus, and that these folk are searching up online "NJ fishing" and find this forum.

I know sometimes when you type "ni fishing" + a certain body of water, species, and other topics, on google, these forum posts show up on the first page of results. So they can find it that way too. I think that's how I found this site when I joined a few years ago.

Could just be some people spreading word too.

Gerry, you could possibly add an option on the registration forum to include "How did you find about this site?" that could give some good data if you were curious.

As long as the site can handle the traffic, i welcome more guests

Also, I love to see more and more people off Facebook. The zuck is stealing your fishing spots!
Old 08-14-2020, 07:50 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Maybe Ken Beam's Facebook page is directing them to here also.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:02 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
Maybe Ken Beam's Facebook page is directing them to here also.
HAHA Could be

Plus the state parks have been getting mobbed! I'm sure they see people fishing and it sparks an interest, or their kids see people fishing and give 'em the "Can we do that?" and next thing you know they're online searching...
Old 08-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
For sure, fishing grew in popularity this year, so it could just be that there's more new anglers, and returning anglers from hiatus, and that these folk are searching up online "NJ fishing" and find this forum.

I know sometimes when you type "ni fishing" + a certain body of water, species, and other topics, on google, these forum posts show up on the first page of results. So they can find it that way too. I think that's how I found this site when I joined a few years ago.

Could just be some people spreading word too.

Gerry, you could possibly add an option on the registration forum to include "How did you find about this site?" that could give some good data if you were curious.

As long as the site can handle the traffic, i welcome more guests

Also, I love to see more and more people off Facebook. The zuck is stealing your fishing spots!
I totally agree with Luke, I think that a lot of people are taking up the sport and trying to get outside and learn the sport. The shelves are empty you cannot find a zebco push button!!! As for everything else goes I mean come on let’s face it fresh or salt I’ve met so many great close friends/ anglers through this site and I know evreyone has done the same. It’s just like eddie always says this a like a family! The other things that separates us is the njfishing holiday party,the rfa fuke-athon,meet and greets I mean what other Facebook page or website is doing these kinds of things! I’ve joined a bunch of fishing FB pages and sites but I’m sorry Njf will always be my home!!!!!!!!!��
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 08-14-2020, 08:25 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

One of the new registrants right here.

I think people nailed it. Googling around fishing looking to read about NJ spots, and just what people caught where, good stories from locals, etc. Of course the somewhat solitary nature of fishing combined with the pandemic is probably the leading factor. I booked a trip up to the Great Sacandaga about a month away as the GF and I wanted a safe, serene, socially distant vacation. Wanted to do a little reading and practicing on my fishing.

Long time "on and off" fisherman. Figured I'd sign up just to shoot the breeze now and again with people who can share somewhat similar experiences living in the garden state.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think what everyone else said is true, and also, lots of people here catch BIG fish! Who wouldn't want to be on this site and get advice from the NJ Pros?
Old 08-14-2020, 10:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I personally got sick of being a member of 20 different new jersey fishing facebook groups. Between the drama, the spot burning, blatant misinformation, and plain old idiots, I left a majority of them (sorry Ken Beam, even your group). Other than a small, private fb group me, mikey, eddie, scoward, chrisper, squatch, etc. are on, its here or the njfishing.com Facebook for sharing reports.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 08-14-2020, 01:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Same reason i saw tons of people trout fishing in the spring in places i’ve never seen a soul before. Same reason walmart fishing aisle was cleaned out 😂
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 08-14-2020, 02:21 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Another new member here. I lurked on this site for a little while, and saw that it is a knowledgeable group of good people here and I wanted to be a part of it!

Regarding the uptick in new registrants, it probably has a lot to do with the pandemic and the increase in fishing activity across the garden state. As others have said, all of the fishing equipment in many of the chain stores (and even online) is sold out.

Between hiking, fishing, botanizing, bushcraft, etc. we spend a lot of time outdoors as a family, and I've never seen so many people outside (and yes many of them are fishing).

Last edited by CMA719; 08-14-2020 at 02:25 PM..