NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

slip at alantic highlands - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: slip at alantic highlands

Just to clarify, the fee from 4/15 to 10/31 includes the space, water, electricity, security and unlimited launching during this period 24/7. There is a bathroom with shower both male and female bathrooms/showers but you need to put a deposit on a key in the office to use these or you will just be able to use the Broom below the office. This deposit is well worth it as the shower/broom facility is within the gate and is always clean.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I don't know what they get for a slip at the AH Marina, I was there years ago
and it was a pretty good penny. I'm in the Skippers Boat Yard which is a block away. It's the one on your left just before you make the right hand turn to go to the AH Marina. I pay $450.00 for the season. Of course you have to pay the ramp fee each time you use it. So i guess it's how many times you're going to launch to see if it's worth the extra money at the AH.
If you wanted to contact them the # is 732 872 1890. Ask for Jeanne of Ed.

18 ft. Bass Tracker 60 HP Merc.

Member of P&H Rod and Gun Club
Jersey City
Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Not a slip rental. A place to keep the boat and unlimited launching. You are right would still depend on how often you launch. Another thing to consider is that you can pull you vehicle back into the boat slot after you launch. I would think that, on busy days, having to pull your trailer back across the whole parking lot to park on the other side of First Ave. then having to walk back to the launch ramp could be a real pain. That, to me would be worth quite a few $.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelron
Not a slip rental. A place to keep the boat and unlimited launching. You are right would still depend on how often you launch. Another thing to consider is that you can pull you vehicle back into the boat slot after you launch. I would think that, on busy days, having to pull your trailer back across the whole parking lot to park on the other side of First Ave. then having to walk back to the launch ramp could be a real pain. That, to me would be worth quite a few $.

Absolutely, good point. IN the marina - you launch your boat and park your trailer and walk back to your boat in 1 minute. Same when you pull out. You want it as easy as possible after a long day of fishing. Season pass gives you unlimited launches, cutting table with water and water to clean the boat and flush the engine PLUS clean bathrooms with showers.

Compare this to a slip. IF you can launch a boat, less carting bait/poles et al down the dock to your boat; both ways. And you don't need to bottm paint.
NJ DEVILS
Old 03-12-2009, 03:32 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I use to keep my boat on the trailer there but now keep it in a slip [at AH marina] I think its great to just hop on the boat and go, plus I think the staff is very friendly and helpful if need be. Just my thought
Old 03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Security is also important to me and a friend of mine who kept his boat in the other mentioned lot had his boat broken into three times over two years and everything stolen that was not nailed down. That lot has open gates 24/7 and no one patroling or looking at cameras. No question that service must be cheaper. Plus what LAB said.....sums it up very nicely. I'm in 315, stop by and say hello if you see me there.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

As for security,my friend kept his boat there for years.Last year they stole his kicker motor.Marina response was very poor at best.So if you leave it be careful.

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 03-12-2009, 07:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey Dreamon,

if you don't mind me asking...How much are the getting for a boat slip at AH marina??? I got an old 21ft Gready white im thinking about getting a slip instead of trailloring it all the time. Plus if i dont have someone to help me launch it would be nice to just jump in and go :-)
Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 PM
NJFishing.com Member

On Trailer cost is $1,100 and change. I have kept mine there for the past three years with no issues.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunked
On Trailer cost is $1,100 and change. I have kept mine there for the past three years with no issues.
Where ya been hiding Jesse?

Got a guy I work with comin up to ya in a few weeks.

HUGE race fan.

HE is pretty psyched!