NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Underwater camera videos - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-04-2018, 08:49 AM
dakota560

Default Underwater camera videos

Anyone use underwater camera video for ice fishing and if so what manufacturer / model would you suggest. Saw someone on the ice the other day with a Marcum unit which seem a bit pricey. Seems to be a lot of models out there, anyone have personal experience with these units or know enough to recommend a make and model. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2018, 05:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Underwater camera videos

The original Aqua-Vue is the best out there. The other stuff is over priced and the clarity stinks!!!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I got an aqua-vu mini a few years back for free through a field testing program...I think it would've been 400-500 bucks at the time (much cheaper now) I'm not really sure i'd recommend it...it takes good video and you can see it pretty well but i've had problems with the feed flipping and shutting off for no reason.

though that being said, the customer service is great, they fixed it for free both times i sent it back to them and will send pieces if you need.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 02-06-2018, 04:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I had the marcum vs835? i think was the model. was like 600ish or so and a great camera if you dont fish deep water. the clarity even w the LED lights was poor over 15ft or so in ur average NJ lake. in a clear water lake it would be fine deep. I fish deeper water usually so I ended up selling it on ebay it did not have DVR capability so you would need that to make videos, there are other cams out now since then that have DVR. was kinda a pain to setup along w all the other stuff and a flasher, too much work lol.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:40 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have the Aqua Vue XPS 360, love it, no problems or issues so far, had it a few years now. And it was given to me second hand.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:30 PM
dakota560

Thanks guys....appreciate your feedback. Somewhat new to ice fishing but fished a few lakes with very clear water and thought it would be cool to see what is actually going on under the ice while jigging and what structure exists when the water opens back up. Thanks for the feedback.