NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trick - Or - Trout !! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-01-2017, 08:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Trick - Or - Trout !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJerzyG View Post
Hookmanski, I never used to use them either but once I figured them out, it's my go to lure! Not only Rapala but plugs in general. Some work better than others in certain conditions, but I always have some Raps on me.

I put less thought into color than size and retrieve. Size considerations would be small stream wild trout, stockies and holdovers, big wilds???? All affect my decision on size and shape. Retrieve has more to do with conditions, flows, activity. If they're not hitting it, either, no fish there, or try something different. Sometimes straight retrieve, sometimes, really erratic is better or any combo of both..... Sometimes they smash it, sometimes they nip it??
Thanks for the tips man, and congrats again on all the beautiful fish!
Old 11-01-2017, 10:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

[QUOTE=FASTEDDIE29;496466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJerzyG View Post
Thanks all!

Jigman, I try not to talk about this particular spot. Not that its secret, but don't want to draw attention. One of the main reasons I go there is for the solitude, but the fishing happens to be good too!! It's a drive, and a hike but not tooooo far. Ysterday was the most company I've had there. One guy well upstream and one well downstream. I might be willing to bring a fishing responsible friend along though.....

Take me, take me!!!!!!
Anytime man. You've probably forgot more about fishing than myself or others have known... Plus, you probably have better spots than me. Just don't use em for bait , lol...

Last edited by NorthJerzyG; 11-01-2017 at 10:19 PM..
Old 11-01-2017, 10:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice way to spend Halloween I'd say. What a beautiful day, and great fish. Thanks for the report.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice job on the wild browns 'G'! I don't notice any wear on their tails yet, did you happen to see any redds on your travels? I figure the water's been too low, and it's just now coming into their prime spawning time so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't notice any beds, just curious. Kudos on the catching though!
Old 11-02-2017, 09:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I didn't notice any redds and with the water still slightly up and I fished from the banks the whole time. The bigger one was releasing some juices when I was unhooking it though so they're prob getting ready .....
Old 11-02-2017, 03:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Trick - Or - Trout !!

Nice fish all around, those Browns are PHAT !!