NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Winter trout stocking: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-19-2018, 04:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Winter trout stocking:

Anyone gonna hit up Cape May County Ponderlodge Pond or Atlantic County
Birch Grove Park Pond for some feisty stocked trout ?

Maybe better yet you can fish Warren County Furnace Lake for trout (if the Muskies didn't eat them all )

Spring Lake and Green Turtle Pond as well as Aeroflex all got trout.

Don't forget about Camden County Haddon Lake, that got 200 trout !!!

https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/wintrstk18.htm
Old 11-19-2018, 04:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Winter trout stocking:

I get why the south jersey ponds get stocked. Trout down there must sell licenses as the residents down there are far from trout streams.

I wonder if the trout put into the northern lakes are targeted, especially when prime trout streams are just next door. But f&w must see some license sales through it so can't argue with that.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I would like to fish furnace lake, it’s about an hour from my house. Is it worth the trip. I would take boat plus try for bass/trout/musky
Old 11-19-2018, 06:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Never fished furnace. Fished farrington for years for pike and trout (when they stocked trout) most of my fishing has been south branch, musky, pequest for trout on light tackle and spinners. Farrington, Dalenback and Westin mills would be lakes I know a few spots, but I’m new to bass fishing so just trying to find out new places to take the boat without having to tow boat too far.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:19 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Kinda new ish to fishing in general. Been reading and watching videos for endless hours. I plan on fishing Barbour's Pond tomorrow in woodland park if anyone wants to join... that's being stocked tomorrow. Would like to hit in the morning, but I don't know when they stock. Is 3-4PM a safe bet that it will be stocked by then?
Old 11-20-2018, 08:50 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleeng View Post
Kinda new ish to fishing in general. Been reading and watching videos for endless hours. I plan on fishing Barbour's Pond tomorrow in woodland park if anyone wants to join... that's being stocked tomorrow. Would like to hit in the morning, but I don't know when they stock. Is 3-4PM a safe bet that it will be stocked by then?
I don't think you can fish until 5PM the day of a stocking
Old 11-20-2018, 09:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
I have fished Barbour's pond maybe 6 times since I would go to Montclair university and have time between classes to fish.

I never saw a fish come out of that pond. The only time I did but was when they were in the jaws of cormorants.

Don't get discouraged if you can't get any success out of Barbour's.
I'd recommend other ponds and creeks in the area.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:16 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
I have fished Barbour's pond maybe 6 times since I would go to Montclair university and have time between classes to fish.

I never saw a fish come out of that pond. The only time I did but was when they were in the jaws of cormorants.

x2 on Barbour's. That place sucks! Saw one bluegill caught there once, that was it.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:07 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:

Yeah it'll be stocked by then and you can fish anytime during the fall and winter trout stocking, you don't need to wait until 5
Old 11-20-2018, 01:48 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post

did you ever go day of stocking?