NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Big Flatbrook!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-15-2011, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Big Flatbrook!!

Did my annual trip from Toms River to Branchville and fished the Big Flatbrook . The stream held up to its name!! Fished from 4pm until dark and lost count of fish caught. I fished the fly fish only stretch from 206 to the Big Hole off the dirt rd. Caught fish on Hare's Ear, sulphur emergers, march browns dry and wet, and some on black caddis. Hit one hole that had to have over 200 fish in it!! Fish went wild around 8:30 and I was catching them even thought I couldn't see my fly on top of the water!! Best part of the day was I caught all 3 species, rainbow, brook, and brown trout with the biggest fish around 18" looking like a fall holdover . Noticed 2 other fisherman of the mile stretch I fished.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Big Flatbrook!!

Nice love that stream!! Don't get up there enough,fished it hard when I was younger !!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Big Flatbrook!!

BFB is loaded with fish right now.. there are about 5 or 6 holes throughout the whole stretch at this time of yr that hold hundreds of trout

Great times.....