NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Cormorants - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Cormorants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Pedro View Post
This was a great thread until ATH had to get personal. Just agree to disagree .
did you read the thread? bassload is the one who turned this into a shitshow
Old 04-28-2014, 05:33 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

One of the many things I've learn from this site is that the internet brings out the worst in some people sometimes and that some fishing enthusiasts can sometimes behave a bit fanatically. Are cormorants a problem, maybe. I haven't been fishing long enough to notice. That's something for fish and game to decide and if you think it is a problem let them know and hopefully they'll do something to find out. The lesson I'm taking from this thread is don't try to tell fisherman on the internet that you're going to hinder them from catching fish.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

sorry for the extra bandwidth GZ... had to do it..
Old 04-28-2014, 11:32 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I enjoy fishing for stocked trout in Park Ridge NJ (Mill Pond, a.k.a Electric Pond). I can no longer fish there. The Cormorants are decimating the stocked trout in this small, shallow lake. When I try to fish there the Cormorants come right over by me and start hunting for the trout. There is no way I can catch a trout when the Cormorants are hunting the trout down 10 feet in front of me. I have never seen Cormorants in NJ until recently and I have been fishing for many, many years. This is a real problem and I believe it is going to get worse. My fishing license fee's are going to the birds (pun intended).

It would be great if the Fish and Game folks could net these birds (the Cormorants are not afraid of people) and send them somewhere far, far away to a place where the Cormorants would be happy. I am not suggesting they be killed.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_fish View Post
I enjoy fishing for stocked trout in Park Ridge NJ (Mill Pond, a.k.a Electric Pond). I can no longer fish there. The Cormorants are decimating the stocked trout in this small, shallow lake. When I try to fish there the Cormorants come right over by me and start hunting for the trout. There is no way I can catch a trout when the Cormorants are hunting the trout down 10 feet in front of me. I have never seen Cormorants in NJ until recently and I have been fishing for many, many years. This is a real problem and I believe it is going to get worse. My fishing license fee's are going to the birds (pun intended).

It would be great if the Fish and Game folks could net these birds (the Cormorants are not afraid of people) and send them somewhere far, far away to a place where the Cormorants would be happy. I am not suggesting they be killed.

Send them where? The moon? They're a migratory bird so that's just about the only spot they wouldn't just fly back from.

I really am disappointed in some of the people on this board. Suggesting that we eliminate a native species so you guys can fish for a non native stocked fish that happens to be dumb, easy to catch, and fights like a wet rag for a few weeks out of the year is beyond ridiculous. Get real folks.
Closed Thread