NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Help the Sea Scouts - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 03-21-2014, 10:52 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Help the Sea Scouts

First off, please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong forum. If this is not the correct home for this posting can you kindly relocate it? Thank you.

I am reaching out to my fellow anglers and boat enthusiasts to ask for your help in supporting a cause near to my son’s heart. As a kid my boy was heavily involved in our local Sea Scout program. Sea Scouts are a branch of the Boy Scouts of America. They don’t get the recognition they deserve but with that it’s an amazing program that is a well kept secret. Brian, my son, was a member of Ship 228, Sea Dart II based in Linden, NJ at the base of the Rahway River. I’m sure over the years many of you have probably seen this vessel cruising around our loved Raritan Bay and New York Harbor. The Sea Dart II and the adult leaders of the program taught my son so much about being a responsible person and a responsible seaman. When I first bought my own boat, Brian showed me the ropes on handling it and some basic knots and navigation skills that gave me the foundation to grow and become a seasoned boat owner and operator.

Within the past year Brian has returned to his former ship and volunteers his time as an adult leader. Sea Scouting is a great program that has taught him so much as a kid and he truly enjoys being able to give back to the very same vessel and pass his knowledge of the sea onto the next generation.

Throughout this long winter the adults and youth have been tirelessly working to maintain and repair their ship in preparation for this year’s cruising season. Unfortunately they recently discovered some projects are out of their budget. They are in need. They are in need of support financially and physically and we are asking friends and family to please review the link below.

If contributions are not possible for you at this time you can still support the Sea Dart II in her time of need by sharing their campaign across your social media platforms. We all are hoping to raise enough money to get that 'ol girl repaired and your help will be greatly appreciated. Just think… a future fishing boat captain can be learning his basic knot and navigation skills this very summer aboard the Sea Dart II.

http://igg.me/at/seadartii/x/6725598

Thank you,
Poppa Devil

Ps- This program is open to boys ages 14-21. If you are interested in joining your son or volunteering your time please contact seadart228@gmail.com .