NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

More Trout??? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Old Soft Salt

Thumbs up More Trout???

On Monday and Tuesday, November 23 and 24, the NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife will be stocking approximately 5,000 Rainbow Trout in 24 ponds and lakes across the state. As was the case with the recent fall stocking, these are two-year old fish averaging 14-18 inches in length.

For more information, including the stocking schedule, visit http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/new.../wntrtrt15.htm on the Division's website.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: More Trout???

NICE! these will prob be still fully loaded for ice season and little SW freezes over rly early. thank god they are larger fish otherwise they would end up being tiger musky snacks
Old 11-19-2015, 04:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: More Trout???

Love the winter stocking. The fish don't go to far once there put in the water. Gotta love em through the ice. They fight really well in the cold water!
Old 11-19-2015, 04:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Love the winter stocking. The fish don't go to far once there put in the water. Gotta love em through the ice. They fight really well in the cold water!
Trout fighting really well would be awesome. It seems like even the breeders don't fight that good. I've never been ice fishing but maybe this year.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I see they have hooks creek on there. Is that just because they used to be part of the stocking rounds or are they actually trying again because when I called in the beginning of the year they said there would be no stocking this year still.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMac14 View Post
I see they have hooks creek on there. Is that just because they used to be part of the stocking rounds or are they actually trying again because when I called in the beginning of the year they said there would be no stocking this year still.
It says way down at the bottom the the salinity levels have dropped and are now at an acceptable level for stocking.

I may just stop by one of the local ponds next week and see if I can bag myself a decent breeder......

Last edited by NorthJerzyG; 11-19-2015 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-20-2015, 11:43 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ah yes. I should learn to read all the way. I really hope things work out. I used to love hooks creek. Would be amazing if they could get it going strong again
Old 11-20-2015, 12:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJerzyG View Post
It says way down at the bottom the the salinity levels have dropped and are now at an acceptable level for stocking.

I may just stop by one of the local ponds next week and see if I can bag myself a decent breeder......
And, Hooks Creek Lake was stocked with Sunfish, Largemouths, Bullheads & Channels this fall.