NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rvr 5/20 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-20-2017, 10:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Rvr 5/20

Finally had a break in rain and my the kids' sport schedule to get the kayak out for the first time this season today. Was only looking to get out for a little bit to try out some new rigging and more importantly to try out my new trolley to wheel it around now that the dirt ramp at RVR is barricaded off meaning everything now has to be brought down to the water from the parking lot itself and the waters edge is a good ways away.

The new wheels worked really well, but the time on the water much tougher with the wind really blowing. I got out on the water around 6 AM and after about an hour of getting swept around I was calling it a day when somehow I managed to hook into one which was a nice surprise. Managed a decent LMB and looking at the ratty fins I'm guessing it's a post-spawn male since I caught it near the rocks (between the wind and the bass pulling I was almost on the rocks by the time I landed it).

I was relieved that the water levels weren't as bad in the shallower areas where I've had some luck with in the past. Not ideal, but definitely doable and should be OK for the summer if significant pumping can be avoided the remainder of this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0164-0001 (2).jpg
Views:	454
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	109903  
Old 05-21-2017, 09:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Rvr 5/20

I hope to get out on a yak a few times this season, never fished from one before so I'm looking forward to it. Good report, tight lines!
Old 05-21-2017, 03:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Rvr 5/20

I like the flag ! Nice Bass !
Old 05-22-2017, 07:48 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Rvr 5/20

Nice! I highly recommend the larger Wheeleeze kayak cart. I pull my big game 2 around loaded up with gear no problem. Like having 4 wheel drive for the yak. A bit pricey but we'll worth it. And it comes apart easily and stores in the hull of the yak.