NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Newbie to the site. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-11-2012, 10:32 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Newbie to the site.

Found this site through some searching just recently, and figured I join. I'm a die hard from down around the philly, pa area that has finally broadened my horizons over the last year or 2, and starting jumping across the river. I put in alot of time in south, and north jersey. I fished spruce, and budd, and found it to be some of the very hardest bodies of water to figure out when it comes to fishing pike. We have plenty of muskie, and pickeral down here, but no pike. Its the one fish that continues to elude me. Hopefully, through this site, I can gain more knowledge, and inside info, so I can finally add another species on the list of fish caught. Looking foward to sharing some info to what it seems like a great bunch of die hard fisherman on this site.

Mike
Old 07-11-2012, 11:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Newbie to the site.

Welcome!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Welcome Mike, This is a great site with great people. I love fishing Spruce and I know there a pike in there. Here is a 24 incher my grandson caught last summer, we put him back so maybe he's 30 now. I fish mostly for the Hybrid with herring the pike was caught on a shinner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	50759  
Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 AM
iceehot6766

Welcome to the site!!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Newbie to the site.

Welcome to the site dude. Feel free to post your questions on PIKE fishing up here. Somebody will answer you or send you a PM. TIGHT LINES!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Newbie to the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceehot6766
Welcome to the site!!
LOL, iceehot thats a very suitable avatar. AWESOME, gotta get that tattooed on ya somewhere. SICK!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

welcome, lots of pike in the Passaic River.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I been to the Passiac once, and unfortunately when I went it was muddy, and access wasn't that great. Next was Budd, and Spruce Run which to me felt like I was fishing in the twilight zone. I waded a good stretch of both lakes and didn't spot a single fish at either venue. Very different from all the local lakes I fish here in Pa. Anyway, Long story short, I was going to switch gears, and spend some time fishing the millstone river, but have no idea where to start. I been viewing alot of the river through satellite imagery, and it looks very easy to fish, but need some guidance on what stretches could possibly hold gators. Not looking to burn anyones honey holes, but maybe someone can throw me some knowledge on where to start. Even if someone would be able to guide me personally if I came up that area, I would much appreciate it. The only other thing I could offer would be a guide if anyone was intrested in fishing down here in Pa. We have a nice population of snakeheads, musky, and some huge flathead catfish. Im very knowledgeable with every specie, and wouldn't mind trading information so I can get this monkey off my back, and land my first pike.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by mr.fish; 07-12-2012 at 09:39 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 06:38 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Budd Lake has a lot of pike, in the past, lived in Budd Lake, know some good areas for pike and what to use, shoot me an e mail, leaving for vacation tomorrow 7/14 so if you don't hear from me right away, I'll get back to you when I return, I also live in PA now
Old 07-13-2012, 10:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

catfish night saturday will be where the millstone meets the raritan, regulars will be there and may have intel on millstone monsters.