NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Smallmouthz - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-01-2017, 09:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Smallmouthz

I initially aimed to drive to the north branch. One wrong turn and I'm down 287 and stuck on it for miles until I get off near bound Brook. Decided to drive west and I fished the Raritan instead.

Started off with some obstacles; casting into a tree, some anglers on the shore fishing a good spot I had to skip, and poor knot tying.
I always happen to see kayakers and floaters in this area more than anywhere else. Not that I had any problems.
First catch is a sunnie, then a dink smallie. All "intentionally" quick released... I had to get my hands on a smallie! That wrong turn I'm regretting more now.

Around 6pm and the sun is low but surely still striking the river in most spots. Then a cloud blocks it and the sun isn't seen throughout the afternoon.

I make my way down to this cement structure. Last time I was hear I threw a lure on and around it several times.

This time I get something big. Rod was bending and once it took a run my arm would give in a bit. A great feeling. But will I land it??

Flips up once. Bronze backed! Keeps fighting. Jumps again. I SEE MY PLASTIC WORM TOSSED 10 FEET AWAY! a big relief when I noticed it was just the worm and the hook was still on.
Nonchalantly scoop up the worm as I keep fighting the fish.

Not much later and I finally net the big boy. Hook comes right out... barbless is fun!

Holy smokes. Holy smallie! I have no measurements to go off of. Felt like a PB. After that... No fish for the next hour and half. Quality > Quantity any day.

Another big hoss on a motoroil zoom u-tale... can I get a zoom sponsorship? Id hate to oppose all the keitech hype

Old 08-02-2017, 02:44 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Smallmouthz

Nice day. Make sure the driving wrong way ring doesn't stick. That was my first noticed symptom with lymes

Is that a penn battle 2 1000 or 2000 size

Love those
Old 08-02-2017, 04:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23cardinal View Post
Nice day. Make sure the driving wrong way ring doesn't stick. That was my first noticed symptom with lymes

Is that a penn battle 2 1000 or 2000 size

Love those
Diawa bg 2500. I see why you say a Penn.

the 202 north / south exit. I've mixed that up before too... I rely on Google maps too much and miss that turn.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice pig smallie!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

nice smallie
Old 08-02-2017, 07:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice smallie!! 👍