NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

pulling your boat? - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: pulling your boat?

My wife is in the insurance industry. She was authorized to pay half the cost of haul out to any insured that wanted it.
Did anybody here get a call?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

After a decade of salvages- some thoughts...

Your biggest concern is it get stuck under a fixed dock in a rising tide and sunk that way.

Engineer that and you've probably have it beat 99%.

Also which direction are your scupper pointed? Into the oncoming seas or not? If you plug scuppers open a hatch to let it drain to bilge and not accumulate.

Check the tide schedule. Remember ALL this is still tidal. Know when it's the highest. That's your concenn

Also your neighbors. The guy in the next door slip cheaps it out and bashes the hell out of your boat. Check that out possibility too.

Remember the winds are coming essential from one direction. Focus on that quarter or side of the boat.

If practical drop your canvas/windows. That's what catches the wind.

I'd get a lot of liquor & food and ride it out with the old lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Appeal
looks like im screwed.....trailer needs tires dont have enough time to replace , the marinas by me are only pulling customers, my marina sucks cant get ahold of anyone , im a half mile from ocean, fixed pier docks , wife doesnt want me to go cause shes affaid . so oh well i guess ill triple line it and hope for the best ....gonna go on insurance website and make sure policy is up to date ......
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good read on this thread. I'm in KMB. I was going to pull it out but couldn't decide where to put it. I live close to the marina, but bringing it home is not an option since I'm more concerned of a tree falling on it by my house (not to mention on my house).

After reading these posts, I'm doubling double up, take the top down and clear the deck, put out more fenders, and hope for the best.