NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

3rd month without a boat - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 09-25-2012, 11:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking 3rd month without a boat

It'd been almost 3 months since I sold my boat after being a boat owner for over 20 years. Yes I do miss boating but there is a upside. I hit the PB's now ...won the pool 2x out of 5 trips... making new friends and learning the latest way to catch fish. Plus my bank account looks the best it has in years! I will be heading out to R.I with some new friend in 2 weeks...gonna be great! Not as bad as i thought it was going to be!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 3rd month without a boat

You just wait until the first real storm hits! You'll miss the worrying alright.

Thge only down side is missing your own captaining challenge of where to go and how to situtate your boat.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 3rd month without a boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Frank
You just wait until the first real storm hits! You'll miss the worrying alright.

Thge only down side is missing your own captaining challenge of where to go and how to situtate your boat.

Capt Frank.... I certainly will not miss the "real storm" worry thing but I do miss being the Capt and finding fish etc! There is always a trade off !
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 3rd month without a boat

Been two and a half months for me. I have been fishing on friends boats so much I couldn't justify mine.

I am sort of glad I sold it but i miss jumping on her for the 1-2 hour quick hit trips. I am going to try to stay boat less for a while but there is the itch that I am sure I will have to scratch!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool Re: 3rd month without a boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefsquater
Been two and a half months for me. I have been fishing on friends boats so much I couldn't justify mine.

I am sort of glad I sold it but i miss jumping on her for the 1-2 hour quick hit trips. I am going to try to stay boat less for a while but there is the itch that I am sure I will have to scratch!

That was the same case with me ....just couldn't justify the cost anymore. But like yourself who know what the future holds.