NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

272 Blackfin - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 10-30-2020, 01:28 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default 272 Blackfin

Long time viewer but first time post.

About to pull trigger on new 272 Blackfin Center Console. I currently have 270 Boston Whaler Outrage but it's 14 years old. My wife wants the amenities of a family boat but 95% of time I use it for inshore fishing. This seemed to have the best of both worlds. She hated the new 28 Boston Whaler Outrage.

I would appreciate any thoughts or concerns. Most reviews seem to be very favorable.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: 272 Blackfin

Probably one of the best production boats built today. Fit and finish is amazing and they are built like tanks and made to last... All you need to do is look around and see how many older ones that are still around.

Like the whaler they are on the heavy side and take a bit more power to run but as far as I'm concerned, the extra weight also makes for a better ride when it gets nasty.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 04-11-2021, 12:19 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: 272 Blackfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankIt View Post
Long time viewer but first time post.

About to pull trigger on new 272 Blackfin Center Console. I currently have 270 Boston Whaler Outrage but it's 14 years old. My wife wants the amenities of a family boat but 95% of time I use it for inshore fishing. This seemed to have the best of both worlds. She hated the new 28 Boston Whaler Outrage.

I would appreciate any thoughts or concerns. Most reviews seem to be very favorable.
Newbie here bought my first Boat a 1970 whaler 13ft for the lake....loved the classic whalers so much last summer picked up a 1972 21ft ribside w a 08 Yamaha 150.. After a few mud hole trips w lots of mahi itching For a canyon boat your 27 a canyon boat or too small?