NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

hook recommendation fluke teaser - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 11-16-2019, 11:49 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default hook recommendation fluke teaser

For those of you who pour your own jigs... I bought a do it mold ball jig mold and im looking to pour 3/8 oz jigs heads to use as a fluke teaser. I bought the recommended 3/0 mustads that the mold calls for. WAY too small for fluke. I am looking for the hooks used in the jigging world ball jig teaser, but i doubt theyd tell me if I called and asked...

Does anyone know or have any recommendations? I dont want to spend a bunch of money guessing and I cant think of a tackle shop that sells these 90 degree jig hooks that I can go to with the mold and try out.

Thank you!
Old 11-21-2019, 10:51 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: hook recommendation fluke teaser

413 hooks by eagle claw size 4/0 or 5/0 you could open the hook eye and the part that the hook should rest you can do small modification to the molds. But I will recommend the swing jig mold that you can adapt with wide gap hooks.