NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Is China responsible for our fishing woes? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 10:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Is China responsible for our fishing woes?

A few things that we are sure of, We have to stay in our houses, can't go fishing, cant do this, that, the other thing. The Chinese gov. is putting out propaganda laughing at us. Besides the Chinese Flu, what else have they infected us with? What will we do about it ourselves?
Anyone remember the Snakehead fish problem, the kids toys with poison chemicals in the plastic, the sheetrock in California that was mold infected,
the poison dog food, what am I forgetting? And they just keep sending over one problem after the next.
Many Americans don't have a lot of faith in our government to respond. After all, they let it happen, we as citizens have accepted it, how much longer will we go along with this continuing problem? Anything we can do?
I know it is difficult to stop buying "Chinese" manufactured goods, but, why not slow down where possible? Maybe use less Gulp, use squid, clams, natural local baits, buy an American made reel, locally made Spro style lures, jigs etc.
WE get screwed day in, day out, our freedoms have been taken away, how much longer do each of us participate in this?
I happen to be a tackle dealer. I will curb spending to the best of my ability on Chinese products, and if other dealers, fishermen do the same, it will be a small step, but a positive one.
America the Great! The Mighty Atlantic shall rise once again!
Old 05-04-2020, 11:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Is China responsible for our fishing woes?

Chicoms are still Chicoms. Remember they kill and forcibly operate on their own citizens for population control. I pity the people. The government is SAVAGES!

Our corporate whores will sleep with anyone for cheap labor like China. Embargo the hell out of them and good riddance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogan View Post
A few things that we are sure of, We have to stay in our houses, can't go fishing, cant do this, that, the other thing. The Chinese gov. is putting out propaganda laughing at us. Besides the Chinese Flu, what else have they infected us with? What will we do about it ourselves?
Anyone remember the Snakehead fish problem, the kids toys with poison chemicals in the plastic, the sheetrock in California that was mold infected,
the poison dog food, what am I forgetting? And they just keep sending over one problem after the next.
Many Americans don't have a lot of faith in our government to respond. After all, they let it happen, we as citizens have accepted it, how much longer will we go along with this continuing problem? Anything we can do?
I know it is difficult to stop buying "Chinese" manufactured goods, but, why not slow down where possible? Maybe use less Gulp, use squid, clams, natural local baits, buy an American made reel, locally made Spro style lures, jigs etc.
WE get screwed day in, day out, our freedoms have been taken away, how much longer do each of us participate in this?
I happen to be a tackle dealer. I will curb spending to the best of my ability on Chinese products, and if other dealers, fishermen do the same, it will be a small step, but a positive one.
America the Great! The Mighty Atlantic shall rise once again!
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 05-04-2020, 12:48 PM
dakota560

Our own government is responsible for our fisheries woes and the overall state of the economy by outsourcing every possible industry to the lowest producer and sending massive amounts of jobs offshore. They turn a blind eye to the quality of the product coming back into the country which Americans consume while politicians bank accounts get padded.

Two example, read the garlic and fish sections in the attached article. The fishery piece will piss you off and the garlic piece will turn your stomach regarding the absolute lack of control in the world wide agriculture and seafood supply chains. All decisions driven by industry leaders to make their fortunes while government leaders get paid by lobbying groups to turn a blind eye. We pay the price of their improprieties with health related issues buying and or consuming this crap. There's a very well known distributor of peeled garlic who is at the heart of this story. Remember it every time you order dishes using peeled garlic that a primary ingredient probably passed through the mouth of a prisoner in China. Bon Appetit!

Watch Rotten on Netflix if you want an idea about how the world's food supply functions.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/16/the-te...avorite-foods/

Last edited by dakota560; 05-04-2020 at 02:03 PM..
Old 05-04-2020, 12:55 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Talking Re: Is China responsible for our fishing woes?

Aren’t the majority of your components shipped in from overseas?
Yep I would agree.. junk
Old 05-04-2020, 01:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish1011 View Post
Aren’t the majority of your components shipped in from overseas?
Yep I would agree.. junk
No in fact, I use a lot of American components. Yes, some are made in China. I don't expect to be able to stop buying Chinese goods, rather buy as few as I can. I'm cxancelling a lot of Chinese goods that I have earmarked for the season, and looking for US made products. It's working out well so far. BigFIsh, we can do this together. Don't you agree?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:12 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
No in fact, I use a lot of American components. Yes, some are made in China. I don't expect to be able to stop buying Chinese goods, rather buy as few as I can. I'm cxancelling a lot of Chinese goods that I have earmarked for the season, and looking for US made products. It's working out well so far. BigFIsh, we can do this together. Don't you agree?
I will surely patronize your business knowing that made in USA products are being used! Thank-you!
Old 05-05-2020, 01:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Where are your rod blanks made?
Old 05-05-2020, 02:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
I didn't start the post to advertise. There are many political type posts on this section about rights being taken away. This virus thing is a good example. Look at the past problems I mentioned. Now we have thousands dying, we cant even go to a park, go fishing etc, all because of the Chinese. I believe it was intentional. I'm simply stating that we should all consider backing off on Chinese products whether it be fishing or home use. Phase them out over a year or two, or whatever it takes. Sure, a lot will still be used or are needed.
My blanks?, most blanks I buy are made in California, and other components made in Texas, Connecticut, Florida, California to name a few states.
America the Great! The Mighty Atlantic shall rise!
Old 05-05-2020, 02:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
Instead of trying to punch a hole in a post that has the best of intentions... Lets all appreciate the fact that he is shining the light on what ultimately involves a great many industries.... Regardless of how or why changes occur in how we make purchases... Let this current situation serve us all as a wake up call.... Would love China to fall back into the country it once was prior to being brought into the WTO....
Old 05-05-2020, 03:30 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Lightbulb Re: Is China responsible for our fishing woes?

Quote:
Right- majority made overseas including blanks.

I own several of your broomsticks- still collecting dust
Closed Thread