NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bad service at Morgan Marina - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 06-25-2022, 03:00 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Bad service at Morgan Marina

First time storing my boat in Morgan Marina last winter and my boat fully serviced there.

Unfortunately they missed a plug when installing the batteries.
I didn’t know until my electronics went dark during my fishing trip.

Not going back there for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C0C01544-3CAD-4CCC-B8BA-09AA259424B5.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	158577  
Old 06-28-2022, 10:32 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Bad service at Morgan Marina

Wow they sure did. Bizarre setup. Only two positive cable and four negative cables. Wonder who laid that one out?
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 06-29-2022, 03:22 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Frank View Post
Wow they sure did. Bizarre setup. Only two positive cable and four negative cables. Wonder who laid that one out?
It turned out that’s not it😳 Two more ground wires were not connected on the for the two other batteries on the port side!Just found out this yesterday after spending $$ have a mechanics coming to check because all the instruments were completed dead including horn.
I am going to call Morgan today to complain and maybe ask for refund of batteries installation they charged me for!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	796C1940-AD91-4417-9425-7427889B614B.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	158639  
Old 06-29-2022, 10:35 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

People shit things up as "good enough". If you have a battery selector switch there should be one battery with both pos and negatives for motor cranking ( and maybe bilge pumps). The other battery should have only a single neg and pos.

One battery is CRANKING- nothing but the engine starter(s). And the HOUSE battery is all else.

While running the SELECTOR SWITCH is on ALL to charge both. When stopped SELECTOR SWITCH to HOUSE battery only.

The idea is motor runs on one (CRANKING BATTERY) and other battery the(HOUSE BATTERY) runs on. So while fishing the cranking battery is not drained. And the cranking battery carries the house electrical stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasm1n8 View Post
It turned out that’s not it😳 Two more ground wires were not connected on the for the two other batteries on the port side!Just found out this yesterday after spending $$ have a mechanics coming to check because all the instruments were completed dead including horn.
I am going to call Morgan today to complain and maybe ask for refund of batteries installation they charged me for!
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 07-07-2022, 08:56 AM
NJFishing.com Member

jasm1n8,

We are still trying to figure out how this could have happened. Rest assured that we will provide you a refund, just contact the store. We apologize for your great inconvenience.

MM

Last edited by Joe; 07-07-2022 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Left out a word
Old 07-13-2022, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good, sound advise Frank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Frank View Post
People shit things up as "good enough". If you have a battery selector switch there should be one battery with both pos and negatives for motor cranking ( and maybe bilge pumps). The other battery should have only a single neg and pos.

One battery is CRANKING- nothing but the engine starter(s). And the HOUSE battery is all else.

While running the SELECTOR SWITCH is on ALL to charge both. When stopped SELECTOR SWITCH to HOUSE battery only.

The idea is motor runs on one (CRANKING BATTERY) and other battery the(HOUSE BATTERY) runs on. So while fishing the cranking battery is not drained. And the cranking battery carries the house electrical stuff.