NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Salmon steelhead meet and greet oct 3,4,5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Salmon steelhead meet and greet oct 3,4,5

Alright back by popular demand 2014 salmon steelhead meet and greet at Pulaski ny all are welcome to join this year it's gonna go like this grab your stuff and head up for a wknd full of sore arms, Seth a member from here has offered us anyone to camp out free, his place is two exits before Pulaski for those of you that wish to get a hotel more than welcome to do that too. As of now me and Eddie are thinking one day everyone fishing together and one everyone hitting their favorite honey holes, this year there will be an optional pool for biggest steelhead caught (optional catch or release)(tape and weight on ascale)winner gets the cash mr Gerry z will be sending a gift basket of some sort for the winner also. All in all it will be a funfilled wknd for those of you that could make it, hope a bunch of you can make this Fish on!!
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 08-23-2014 at 08:42 AM..
Old 08-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Salmon steelhead meet and greet oft 3,4,5

Forgot one thing fishing spot on the river will be determined at a later date if the water is high we will be fishing upper end of the river if it's low flow we will be down low where ever the steel is we will be let's go!!!!!
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 08-14-2014, 08:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ooh ooh, I'm in.....yeah all welcome to camp out. 30 minutes to river. Ill be up on saturday so mikeys in charge.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Salmon steelhead meet and greet oft 3,4,5

YEA BUDDY!!! Can I get a spell check? The date is October 3-5. Come one, come all! Oh yeah, you wana come up and watch your 6.6 ft Walmart rod and reel combo blow up? This is your chance. Early season the Salmon are nuts and the Chrome are right behind cleaning up the mess. You never know what can happen upstate on the tribs of Lake Ontario. Hell, my buddy Mike landed a 4 ft Sturgeon in Oswego last year. Damn thing was hooked right in the mouth. AMAZING!!! Blah, blah, blah, there just Trout, LOL! C'mon on up and test your skills. There just Trout, HUH! When's the last time you had a Salmon, Steelhead, Brown or Rainbow Trout spool you in 3 seconds flat? For you haters out there, you really don't know what the HELL your missing. Hoping to have a good turn out this year. Right now I have a possible 5-7 anglers rolling with me. Can I get an AMEN for SALMONOID SEASON? AMEN!!!!! Hope to see some of you brothers and possibly sisters up there. It's a great time. LETS GET EM!!!!!

For the guys that always say, " I wish I could make it"! Why can't you? Busy with work? Can't go because the wife is a BEAST! Kids have soccer, football, cheerleading or gymnastics? Life is tooooo short to say I can't. I know! A very good friend of mine passed away at the young age of 37 on July 4th of this year. Cause of death is unknown to this day. He didn't smoke, drink or do anything harmful to his body. The autopsy and toxicology report both came back NEGATIVE. My friend left behind a beautiful wife and 3 kids, 11, 5 and 4 years old. One of the most amazing families I've ever met and hung out with in my life is now heartbroken from this unexplainable tragedy. Maybe I'm out of line for posting this on a FUN THREAD. BUT, I have a point!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Maybe this, I don't know, I gotta ask the wife, who's gona watch the kids? C'mon man!!! You can be gone tomorrow! DO IT!!! Do it now! Life is short! Live it now before it's tooooooo LATE. NO EXCUSES!!!!!

AS ALWAYS................ TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!!! FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Its gonna be tuff but I will make it up for at least a day, I need some sore arms and I got a reel or 2 that need to get blown up. Anybody that wants to maybe go up fri nite and head back sat eve w me lemme kno........Seth thanks so much for the hospitality buddy, we all appreciate it man!!
Old 08-15-2014, 12:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Anytime Jimmy! My cabin isn't much, its a work in progress but its always open to njf'ers.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I would consider going up with you guys, but I'm floating the Big D with my dad that weekend. The trout may be smaller, but fishin' time with Dad trumps any jumbo salmon.

Good luck to all, hope those big salmon give you all shoulder tendonitis!
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

My buds and I will be hitting town on Sun morning for our usual week long outing. We fish from Sun. AM through Fri evening and get the hell outta Dodge first thing Sat morn as that's Columbus Day weekend, by far the absolute busiest weekend of the entire year up there, complete with the highest percentage of idiots, knuckleheads, and most outrageous drunks one could imagine. I'm often half tempted to stick around just for the entertainment but unfortunately I have to get home to hit the campground to close and winterize my camper.

I'll keep track of this thread to hopefully catch up with everyone sometime Sun morning!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Friend of mine is up right now hlanded 3 since dinner time he ssaid theres a bunch of fish around very spread out tho he said he picked at a dz just first of many trickles of the run! He fishes bottom streches of dsr....5oobuck for a season! Sickness! Il fish with the peeps b4 i pay that lol
Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Your paying for space around you n not being shoulder to shoulder. Not that i condone it but it has its perks.