NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJ Senate to Hear Saltwater Registry Debate - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Banned

Default Re: NJ Senate to Hear Saltwater Registry Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A
You did not attend the hearing otherwise you would know that the majority in attendance yesterday that filled out the form were IN FAVOR of the free registry. Also, when writing about additional funding for NJ Div of Fish and Wildlife all you ever rant about is the need for a saltwater license. Why don't you ever mention how the Div is not interested in other means of funding such as: a Conservation lottery and a saltwater license plate. Both of these projects would generate a considerable amount of money for funding necessary projects. Oh yeah, forget it because those suggestions came from the RFA and as you know Ken or Benny they are the Evil Empire.
Hutch and TB and others have been talking about the license plate idea forever.Yet the only time it is brought up is when someone mentions moving forward with a salt water license. No I was not at the hearing. Remember there is well over a million New jersey Anglers that were not at the hearing . Do you think because they could not attend they would not support a salt water license? The free registry is a pipe dream in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensdock
Hutch and TB and others have been talking about the license plate idea forever.Yet the only time it is brought up is when someone mentions moving forward with a salt water license.
WRONG. That statement is 100% false.

Since kensdock has never been involved in ANY of the discussions and process over the years for funding the division and has NEVER attended ANY of the meetings over the years (until recently, and then barely at all) he is FLAT OUT LYING when he says that RFA and myself have only brought it up when a Salt Water License is mentioned.

The simple fact is that when EVERY other option for funding the division has been brought up they have CONTINUALLY rejected them as simply not enough money.

Not that they would like or need more, just that it (whatever the option is) is not enough. So instead of actively supporting efforts to increase their funding, they reject those options outright until such time as they think they can get more, more and possibly more.

You know, I had this long detailed post I put up this morning, then I realized I was wasting my time giving the history and facts of the situation because Ken has proven time and again he is not interested in facts.

So, go do your own research and learn what has really transpired, I'm done trying to educate someone who is not interested in learning the facts.

next time Ken, try actually finding out what really went on and what was actually said and what the FACTS are about the past before you FLAT OUT LIE on the internet.

I would like to see the PROOF to back up your FALSE STATEMENTS.

Last edited by CaptTB; 12-04-2009 at 01:16 PM..
Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

TB, I will search through the thread from last year and I will post proof you talked aboutthe license plate before yesterday".

This is a big problem" and the root of many bad decisions concerning NJ recreational fishing.

Capt.TB Quote:
So, what would a business man want? $14 or $19 going to the state with $1.00 going to the store owner, or potentially $15 or $20 more dollars going to them (or even a fraction of that let's say 4 or 5 dollars) going to the store while the PEOPLE ARE IN THERE ANYWAY IN ORDER TO GET THEIR LICENSE....or $1.00 going to the store."

.A few businessmen think short term and would rather have a chance" of grabbing your twenty dollars today in lieu of you investing in the future of your salt water fishing.In complete disregard to the fact that the better the fishing the more sales he will have in the future. Many of them also have resisted a NJ salt water license out fear the true number of anglers and fish being caught will be found out and may" shorten the opportunity for them to grab your money.Many business really do not care what shape the fish populations are in , they only need to sell you on the possibility" of catching a fish no mater how remote that possibility may be.

Please note: There are many charter Captains like Cape May Ray that see the benefits to his business a salt water license would bring. They also are concerned with actual catching fish for their customers.

Last edited by Kensdock; 12-04-2009 at 04:00 PM..
Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
TB, I will search through the thread from last year and I will post proof you talked aboutthe license plate before yesterday".
Ken, I NEVER SAID I DID NOT SPEAK ABOUT A LICENSE PLATE BEFORE YESTERDAY.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

I could show you quotes from just a few months ago, why go back to last year?

You obviously missed the whole point.

You said that I only talk about it when a SWL is brought up, that is a complete and utter falsehood, plain and simple.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:14 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Please not there are many charter Captains like Cape May Ray that see the benefits to his business a salt water license will bring.
Maybe CapeMayRay mistook misleading opinions as factual.

Kensdock quotes from this thread:

“The fear that the money raised from a salt water license will be raided by the Governor is not justified.”

“New Jersey had no shot at this money due to the fact we have no salt water license! Saltwater hatcheries seek part of stimulus package”

“Just this last year we lost millions of dollars in stimulus money and all the benefits to salt water fishing that went with it.”

“Depending on the price of a saltwater license the NJ salt water license would raise about 40,000,000.00 dollars annually to enhance our salt water fishing. We could build the salt water hatcheries, create green jobs and ensure the future of our salt water game fish.”

“[Kensdock Poll - NJ has only 2 choices - Either] NJ salt water license with a law dedicating the funds to enhance nj fishing [or] Set up the mandated registry with the funds going to the us general fund”

Excerpts from Cape May County Herald article:

“New Jerseyians are not only losing a revenue source, we are losing fish.”

“When our representatives go to meetings to set regulations for species catch allocations, we are up against states that have larger and more secure funding sources and therefore better research data to plead their case. Once we have lost allocated pounds of a particular species, it will be extremely difficult to get it back up again.”