NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Water Gap - Proposed Entrance Fees - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-14-2019, 07:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Water Gap - Proposed Entrance Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
The issue here is that this is Federal property. I would imagine they are going to get a lot of push back from the hunting and fishing community.
Worthington is state-land, and it suffers from the same problem as the Gap (too many visitors; too much trash).

Quote:
charging a fee will more than likely keep the POS riff raff away. I wouldn't be surprised if the locals are all for this... that place gets trashed every weekend in the summer.
Spot on. The entrance fee will result in marked decrease of visitors, which is fine because the park is overpopulated during the warmer time of the year.

Quote:
I think the movie goodfellas had it right, "business is slow, fu** you pay me, the building got struck by lightning, fu** you pay me, Oh you want to fish in nj, fu** you, pay me twice
Love it.

Last edited by Doug Vitale; 10-14-2019 at 07:25 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 12:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoop View Post
But isn't the Flatbrook WMA enclosed in that area too?
The Flatbrook/Roy WMA isn't enclosed within the DWGNRA, just surrounded by it on basically 3 sides. However the Walpack WMA is entirely within the national recreation area.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The new signs are up at the entrance/exit areas of the proposed area. This isn’t a proposal any longer. This is happening. I entered the area late this morning near Millbrook village where I saw the first sign. I headed south from there on Old Mine Rd., which is marked for road work on weekdays as of right now. The other sign marking the area is a hair south of the Poxono boat launch where the road closed gate is near the northern end of Worthington. Be prepared to pay if you explore this area from Memorial weekend through Labor Day weekend. It’s happening and thankfully I don’t fish the area during these months unless the Shad are still around
Old 11-03-2019, 08:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
The new signs are up at the entrance/exit areas of the proposed area. This isn’t a proposal any longer. This is happening. I entered the area late this morning near Millbrook village where I saw the first sign. I headed south from there on Old Mine Rd., which is marked for road work on weekdays as of right now. The other sign marking the area is a hair south of the Poxono boat launch where the road closed gate is near the northern end of Worthington. Be prepared to pay if you explore this area from Memorial weekend through Labor Day weekend. It’s happening and thankfully I don’t fish the area during these months unless the Shad are still around
How are they planning to have people pay + enforce it? You think all spots are being affected?
Old 11-03-2019, 09:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Not sure if the area goes north of Millbrook village. I didn’t travel that way. There are existing gates at the southern end of Old Mine rd. near Rt 80, then again a hair north of Worthington state park. The end would be Millbrook Village as far as I’ve seen.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think there’s going to be a ranger collecting tolls kinda like what’s set up at Sandy Hook
Old 11-06-2019, 08:05 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

If you have time glance through the proposed plan and find they haven't worked out how to collect fees and enforce same. That will come after plan approval. The fee will be for the entire Recreation Area and may provide enough money to improve and add access areas on the NJ side of the river. Please send in comments as they need to hear from concerned NJ anglers and hunters.