NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJ Rivermonster - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-08-2015, 11:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: NJ Rivermonster

Thank you for your feedback CPR1 & welcome to the board. Though it took me only 3 years since starting fishing to catch this fish, I would imagine tryin for 30+ years would def motivate me as well after seeing such a thing. I'm flattered it was my catch that brought you here. The fine anglers on this forum now, and before me, are the exact reason why I'm here. So, thanks again fellaz, because you guys made me hungrier!!
That being said. I know 1st hand that it wouldn't feel soo good at the top, if it didn't feel soo crappie at the bottom!
THAT being said, I'd like to give a shout out to LENNYSKY!! Another freshwater MONSTER FISHERMAN, who stirred the pot!
I'm deeeply humble, to my river, for this fish.
The title WILL REMAIN, until I see bigger.
The offer still stands as well: I WILL BE ACCEPTING ALL CONTENDERS VIA PM....GET@ME!!! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PmFJtt67C1Y#

Last edited by Esox Luciano; 01-10-2020 at 04:12 PM..
Old 01-09-2015, 12:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I haven't even fished for Pike in the Passaic, but I'm not giving up on going after this................I'm a letter writing campaign
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141228_121243_zpsee058bf0.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	79921  
Old 01-09-2015, 12:48 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks! We are in the same boat. Lol. 2 huge NJ fish that stirred people's imagination. I used to fish that area of the river years back but never landed a pike. Hooked a giant but lost it. I see that our stories bring more and more fisherman to this forum and I love it. One day I hope to meet you in person and shake your hand. Quite a feat to land such a nice fish from the shore. You are a better COnservationist than I am though since you released yours and I decided to keep mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox Luciano View Post
Thank you for your feedback CPR1 & welcome to the board. Though it took me only 3 years since starting fishing to catch this fish, I would imagine tryin for 30+ years would def motivate me as well after seeing such a thing. I'm flattered it was my catch that brought you here. The fine anglers on this forum now, and before me, are the exact reason why I'm here. So, thanks again fellaz, because you guys made me hungrier!!
That being said. I know 1st hand that it wouldn't feel soo good at the top, if it didn't feel soo crappie at the bottom!
THAT being said, I'd like to give a shout out to LENNYSKY!! Another freshwater MONSTER FISHERMAN, who stirred the pot!
I'm deeeply humble, to my river, for this fish.
The title WILL REMAIN, until I see bigger.
The offer still stands as well: I WILL BE ACCEPTING ALL CONTENDERS VIA PM....GET@ME!!! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PmFJtt67C1Y#

Old 01-09-2015, 07:25 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

cograts!!!!! people fish a life time for a monster like that.you got your day in the sun,enjoy it.congrats again on a great catch.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Crazy nice fish...even better release...you stroke that ego with your "self-proclaimed unofficial title" lol wear that belt...weeear iitt
Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey fellaz. Not tryin to keep this thread going for the hell of it but it has one more breath left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPR1 View Post
... In the past, I have asked an expert in photo forensics to help me size muskies that were not measured or weighed. Google Larry Ramsell and send your picture to him. He will also tell you that it is extremely difficult to size a fish (especially the weight) from one picture but I don't think there is anyone out there that is better than Larry.
I got a response back from Mr. Ramsell today and glad that he concurred with the obvious. His response was " Wow, what a pig of a pike!! Unusually fat. My best guess for weight would be between 30 and 35 pounds...Larry".
So yea, it still feels great to feel great!! For what it's worth, thanks for the bonus braggin' rights. PEACE!!!

...YOU KNOW...GET@ME!

Last edited by Esox Luciano; 09-10-2022 at 04:27 AM..
Old 01-16-2015, 10:31 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysky View Post
You are a better COnservationist than I am though since you released yours and I decided to keep mine
Just curious, are you getting a skin mount for that musky you caught? I would love to see a picture of it if you do.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

CPR1 was this a question for me on my musky? Then yes.