NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

"striped october!!!" - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-23-2016, 05:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking "striped october!!!"

Hybrids that is..........

NO! I didn't retire from NJF or fishing for that matter. I had to adjust to some changes in my work and career recently so pretty much everything in my life went on hold for a while. Still managed to get out on weekends and get my FISH-ON during these changes that have happened. Lets just say I was made an offer I couldn't refuse 6 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. LIFE'S GOOD!!! Now on with the fishing.

Week 1 on the Hybrid grounds. Saturday Oct 1st..... Got a good tip from a local buddy saying it was game on for the crazy Landlocked Linesiders. Off I went not knowing what to expect or if I would even remember how to find these feisty fish. Well I guess I've had some experience on these grounds, I found the "MOTHERLOAD" my first trip of the fall season. I had them all to myself with the exception of 1 lonely pontoon boat not doing so well. Action was steady and somewhat freakish from 7-1030 AM when I ran out of bait and was finally surrounded by curious boaters. Had 3 rods going off at the same time with multiple double headers and anchor line dances for about 2 hours straight until there was a lull in the action. This was my best Brid day of the season thus far landing about 30 in a fairly short amount of time.

Week 2 on the Hybrid grounds. Saturday Oct 8th..... Had my good buddy and NJF brother on my vessel for this trip and he kicked my ass! GetAnet, "Dale' put on a clinic this day whooping my ass 10-4 on the Brids with his lucky rig. I don't think he caught anything under 5 lbs this day. Here I am stinking up my baby with schoolies while this gangster lands fish after fish, ALL BIG!!! WHAT THE HELL DID I STEP IN? It sure as hell wasn't lucky, LOL! Anyway, good times were had by all as always. I was happy to net the mans fish for the entire day! Dale, you da man bro!!! It was a slow steady pick but good day overall!

Week 3 one the Hybrid grounds. Saturday Oct 15th..... Dales back on the vessel and in a peculiar mood. Good to have him aboard again as this day would be mine! Not the intense action of week 1 but just enough to keep an angler interested. Landlocked Linesiders were coming to the net at a slow pace but when you hooked 1 they were rather large. I put a solid 9 pack in the boat while picking through baitfish in between the Hybrids. I managed to land my new PB Hybrid on this day.......... I think! The beast was 26 inches long with an estimated 20-24 inch girth weighing somewhere around 9 lbs. My previous PB was 8lbs 14ozs but that was a early Spring fish measuring 27.5 inches with not much in its belly. Hmmmmmmm!!!!! I've been looking at LM, Smallie length and weight charts lately and think the 26 incher I got last week could've been a 10 lber but now I'll never know. Couldn't find my scale so the weight I came up with is just an estimate!!! Fishing has been phenom so far this fall. Wonder what else the season will bring! YEA BUDDY!!!

TIGHT LINEZ!!!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 10-23-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Old 10-23-2016, 05:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: "striped october!!!"

Good to see fish! And to see ya back at it too!
That last one is a real piggy, love it
Old 10-23-2016, 05:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Yea Buddy it was some good fishing past few weeks till Mother Nature got her panties in a bunch! No doubt once things settle down they will be chewin again! That Hybrid was def THE LARGEST that I have seen in person, I have caught several 7"s and a couple 8" s but that fish was big all around and I would guess in the 9lb class for sure! Don't sweat it we will get em at the M&G in two weeks when you guys are back in town!!!!! Got plenty of the secret weapon to go around!!!LMAO

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 10-23-2016, 07:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice fish eddie. You got some nice wipers there! Well done!!!!! A good fisherman makes time to fish! Thats all that matters!
Old 10-23-2016, 08:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

We had to carry on where you left off after you ran out of bait week 1 haha, that bite went on for another 4 hours and then we ran out of bait and left them biting too!! insane...
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-23-2016, 09:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You must have stuck a hook in every freaking hybrid in that lake! Great to see you on the water...that was a great day!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Those are some serious bruisers Eddie. That fish in the last two pics is a monster.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Wouldnt expect any less of a report with those 2 guys on the same boat...Nice work fellas!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 10-24-2016, 09:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Good Job both of you.

When those two are on water fish better beware. Quality brids all around.

Andre
Old 10-24-2016, 10:59 AM
dakota560

Eddie great report. Still amazes me these fish eat chicken livers! It's almost the equivalent of saying your catching salt water stripers on corn meal! Wonder what it is about livers that turns them on. Do you catch hybrids throughout the year on livers or is it only a fall bite? Either way great day on the water and thanks for sharing!