NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Manasquan Sea Runs - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-29-2013, 10:39 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Manasquan Sea Runs

I ditched the sea run idea. But I did find brown trout paradise (spawning out of lake) in NJ. Trying to edit the background of the pic now but its still kinda obvious! So probably not going to post it. 2 browns 4+lbs one on an egg sac and one on a magic black pipecleaner fly swung into the corner of the mouth lol. Mark B. you have to know about this place or at least have an idea about it.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Manasquan Sea Runs

Considering the fact there have been more UFO sightings in the past 5 years than sea run brown trout caught on the Manasquan, I'll take my chances on the Raritan.
I thought being a F&G guy you would be enthusiastic to see people trying new things, I guess status quo works for you then, less work you have to do.

"However, continuation of the program relies on anglers submitting reports of their catches." ZERO fish reported in what, 5 years now, doesn't stop you from wasting 15,000 annually does it. Maybe you should spend less time on the banks of Round Valley fishing and go try to catch a sea run out of the Manasquan.

I'm just trying to figure out where all these trout are coming from on the lower Raritan river, excuse me. Wasting my time, thats my problem.[/IMG]

Last edited by AndyS; 11-29-2013 at 08:19 PM..
Old 11-30-2013, 01:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

think about it, Andy...how sweet would it be for you if managed to nab a state record 5+ lb sea run brownie from a river they say can't sustain that fishery?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:00 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Did you ever get to the Squan? I am very curious as to anyone fishing in the Manasquan this winter. I live on the river and have fished it over 30 trips this winter. I caught one chub. I am going to start a thread, but was curious with your post. I fished from West Farms all the way to Ramshorn Dr. boat launch in the brackish water. Day, night, snow, sun, rain, worms, powerbait, mealworms, rapalla's, spinners, NOTHING. I caught 6 fish in 2 hours with my 8yr old nephew the weekend before the stocking. Did the stocking effect the fish in the river??? Did the work on the Parkway affect the fish??? Can't see it as the cold. The river didn't even freeze over like in 2010. See my photos.

BTW: I am always available to fish the Squan.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey man I abandoned the Squan trip this year as I had open heart surgery and stuck to some browns closer to home. I live up in central/north jersey and I have some great ideas for going after them this year but I need some eyes and ears on the river to figure out the right time. If youre interested PM me and I would love to get down there this year and hunt those bad boys down w you.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:35 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Anyone know if you can catch them from shore?