NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Couple more Lake George questions..... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-03-2020, 09:17 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Couple more Lake George questions.....

Got great advice back in the spring from you guys for an upcoming LG trip this week. 2 more questions......

Possible to catch Lakers without downriggers and trolling this time of year? Deep dropping live baits or jigging spoons?

And prob an off the wall question..... but how about using bunker chunks for catfish bait at nite? Got an unlimited supply of them on Raritan Bay this year and thought maybe cast netting a bunch to bring up with me. Just a thought but I know I may be really off base with that.

Thanks guys. Hopefully have some pics/reports to share soon.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 08-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Couple more Lake George questions.....

Have a great trip. Really nice up there.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 08-03-2020, 01:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Couple more Lake George questions.....

A fellow member is currently up there right now. He’s jigging Lakers up out of 140 feet of water using spoons and metals and stuff. The Landlocked Salmon should be cruising all over the lake as well with some of them starting there annual run to the south side. Definitely the I’m some bunker chunks out at night. Chum those Cats with some smaller pieces too. If all else fails the Bass are always biting on LG. Senkos, tubes, Keitech’s should be enough for the Bass. Whopper plopper at dark is just deadly. Good luck!
Old 08-03-2020, 10:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

We ice fished Lake George this past winter. Fished jigging rods with 4" Gulp on 1/4" jigheads over 130' of water. Of course having electronics was a huge help so yea I'd say you can do it without down riggers
Old 08-03-2020, 10:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

NY has baitfish regs, chunking fresh bunker in a lake would be against a bunch of them, and they love writing tickets for people w out of state plates at lake george

If you salt cure the bunker then it'd be legal but even just freezing is not enough.

http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/...h-regulations/
Old 08-04-2020, 12:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I wasn’t thinking when I posted. Tom is correct. NY has the most regulations on the east coast. You have to read through the baitfish regs or else you can run into issues. Try some good old nite crawlers and chicken livers on bottom.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Trolling is the preferred method up on LG jigging is another option usually it's better in the fall than in the summer I was up there a few weeks ago and bass fishing was very good however the wake is in the mid-70s so get out there early or evening as for bringing bunker I would be very careful they have a very strict rules with their bait fishing regulations up there more so with live bait than dead but either way it is not a natural fish found in that Lake and I'm sure they will frown upon it one thing I did notice this year is the Lake George water Sheriff we're out in abundance we actually got stopped 3 times on kayaks they are doing a job and that's great that's why I like Georges the king of lakes
Old 08-04-2020, 05:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've owned property there for over 20 years and have been going up for at least forty you're staying in the town of Lake George avoid the tourists places to eat. a good restaurant is called Mama risos not bad for Upstate Italian also there is a killer for a restaurant called Bistro leroux about 10 minutes outside of town it is highly recommended.
I haven't been to the barnsider in many years but they always had a decent brisket
Also breakfast you cannot miss Cafe Vero in the village of Lake George excellent coffee in very good breakfast
I think you have my phone number I gave you that 55 gallon tank a few years back any questions give me a call
Old 08-06-2020, 09:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I've been going up there all my life, NEVER caught a channel cat or seen anybody catch one, plenty of bullheads, fishing is great, really good pickrel in the southern basin off the dog beach if you can get out there, they put up a fence to keep people off the beach. You just never know WHAT you may catch there