NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2016-2017 nhl season..... - Page 26 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:15 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2016-2017 nhl season.....

Stole a win which is all that matters against the supposed best team. Slept walked for the 2nd but that's becoming typical. PP has to shoot more and stop trying to pass so much. How many years we been saying that! " Shoot the puck Barry" lol.
Hank solid again.
Nash for Shattenkirk coming soon
Old 02-20-2017, 04:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'm thinking Lindburg, Staal, Girardi, Clendening and Pirri could all be trade bait .... even Nash, like you say, can't score consistently anymore, and getting paid WAY MORE then his productivity!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

stall & girardi???? split you got me worried.the rest and nash ok but we need
what defense we have.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Excuse me Bunker and Split...sorry to poke check this Blueshirts blog but there is a hockey game tomorrow night at MSG. Not sure I want to watch though as the Habs have been outscored 23-11 in their last eight games. With the way Henrik has been playing lately, it could be over early.

I have tickets for next Monday's game at Prudential Center . Duffman are you taking your kid to the Devils game?

Bill
Old 02-21-2017, 06:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nope I'll be at work. Next game we go to won't be til next month.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 02-21-2017, 06:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

BD... I went down the roster and don't see who else they can afford as trade material... I'm looking at age, salary and who we need to protect in the expansion draft. We've been trading away all our draft picks the last few years but we still have some good kids coming up in the minors, which I'm hoping they don't trade away....

I know time is ticking away for this core group to make a run for the cup, and Staal/Girardi are still good defensemen but I don't see who else they want to trade right now. If Nash would go on a goal scoring streak and earn his $97,000 per game, we wouldn't have to make any trades, but it's just not happening We have one week to find out if they will make any moves

And Bill, let's get ready to Rumble tonight.... Montreal better watch out cause Fla is on mission to take over 1st in the Atlantic

Old 02-21-2017, 07:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

you make good sense split,i'm just old school with the "if it is not broke,don't fix it it" with the defense part.i am not saying we have the best defense or that we don't need some work in that dept but i just think its easier to add forwards to the line up then defense men.

Last edited by bunker dunker; 02-21-2017 at 09:05 AM..
Old 02-21-2017, 08:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

OH... I forgot to put Brandon Pirri on the trade list... I thought he was going to be the answer to the goal scoring whoa's this year... started off great then went game after game and couldn't sink the puck at all.. must have got the Big Apple Curse (too many distractions) ..

If each forward could just up their scoring touch a little bit, we wouldn't even think trade right now There's still time, so I'm hoping!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 09:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All good points except we still need a QB defenseman on the PP to replace Yandle. Someone with a big shot that actually hits the net consistently. A lot of talk about some top candidates but trades usually include Lindberg, Veesey, Buchnevich and JT Miller , Raanta and /or a combination which would be nuts.

Stall and Girardi both have big cap hits and no move clauses to both teams involved so probably would be very hard to trade either one. So does Nash but he may be more open to going somewhere. However had we not lost in the first round last year I think Nash would have had a great playoffs.

Gorton has done well so time will tell what they come up with but I would expect a move
Old 02-21-2017, 10:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Maybe Leetch will come out of retirement hahaha... it would be nice if Gorten could pull off another Grabner deal and get someone who's potential comes alive when he comes to NY without us giving up much. I'm certainly anxious to see what happens this week. PP IS DEF A TROUBLE SPOT RIGHT NOW