NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

After work Passaic - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-03-2019, 09:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default After work Passaic

Hit the Passaic for an hour and a half after work today. I have fished this spot many times but usually I’m skunked. The only time I ever caught a fish here before it turned out to be my PB smallmouth, so I haven’t given up on it yet.

Got there around 5:30 and the water was finally a bit lower than it has been. A bit stained, but the Passaic is always stained. Through the ned rig around until i lost it to a particularly horrible snag, and couldn’t really decide what to tie on next so I just tied on a spinner. Cast that around and caught was I think might be the smallest smallmouth I’ve ever hooked, it was maybe 4 inches! Couldn’t believe he could fit the spinner in his mouth. Quick release, and that was the only bite until I headed out at 7:00.

Nobody else fishing, no one even walking around. Nice quick trip, and hey, I didn’t get skunked!

Happy fourth everyone, enjoy the day and tight lines!
Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: After work Passaic

Cool man. A smallmouth is still a smallmouth!